Wow - Yeller & Green pictures, What am I seeing ???

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
On my way home from voting today, I spotted this croton growing in a yard about 4 blocks from my home. The closer I got to it, the better I liked it. :) Positioned on the north side of the property about 8 feet from the road, it is growing under a small Gumbo Lumbo tree adjacent to a General Paget. Under it appears to be a Franklin Roosevelt. In a relatively open area, it gets alot of sun and no protection from winter's north winds.

The leaves are very nicely veined with a brillant yellow coloring. I estimate that the leaves are between 6 - 8 inches in length. The plant also looks like it naturally maintains a "bushy" appearance without the training of humans. At first glance, I was thinking perhaps a John Bender in mucho sun. I found no red petioles on the leaves however. :confused:

I am clueless as to what cultivar this could be. :confused: Has anyone seen one like it? Any ideas ? The Moose could use your help with an ID. :eek:

Attachments

• Not a Clue.jpg
    Not a Clue.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Not a Clue2.jpg
    Not a Clue2.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Not a Clue3.jpg
    Not a Clue3.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Not a Clue4.jpg
    Not a Clue4.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 141
Jeff - I checked the book and the photo. This morning I went back and checked out the plant again. It looks real close to Prince Philip. I'll try and get permission from the owner to put on a small airlayer. :)