Why Can't I Post Photos???

Randy - I am sure that Dean is still tweaking the new soft ware. This often corrects some issues but creates others. I sent an alert to Dean, I'm sure he would like to know. The edit feature allowed the poster to go back and correct the post for a very long duration. Now it times out rather quickly. Curious if i-phones are prevented from uploading photos now?

Randy, I reported your post also. I have a Mac, so it's not compatibility. I've only posted a couple of photos, but I think I just dragged them from my album to the rectangle on the page once you hit upload a file. It was real easy. Try dragging it.

Ok, Randy, here's how I do it on my Mac. I click on upload a file. This opens the files on my computer and I selected and opened my file named 'ana's crotons.' Then I double clicked on the photo I wanted and it loaded it on the post. You select and load one at a time, but it is pretty fast. Select whether you want a thumbnail or full image,then just click on post reply.

This is a test to see if I can figure out how to post pictures. :confused:
Golden Glow 2.jpg
I think I've got it . :p I'll practice more tomorrow when I can take a few photos with better lighting.

Randy - I'm not using a Mac, but I have had a photo 100% loaded but not seen the thumb nail default size or Full size option come up. If you hit post reply (or create thread) the picture does come up for me. Then you can use the "edit" button and then you can find the Full size option. At least this as been my experience with my non-Mac a few times.

Hmmm - now it won't permit me to select an emotion con. Perhaps Dean is tweaking right now.

Sorry Guys - I've been consumed with major upgrades over on the wiki - but I haven't made any changes here - but it could have been something I did with the server. I am checking it out now.

Becarriophoenx-young.jpg IMG_1366.jpg IMG_1355.jpg
I'm testing a few photos from my Mac.
Edit: Hmmmm - I just highlighted all three photos on my desktop and dragged them all into the reply box at the same time. They automatically uploaded - and I then clicked on Make All Thumbnails which it did. Then I clicked Post Reply.

I'll test another method in the next post.

Becarriophoenx-young.jpg IMG_1355.jpg IMG_1366.jpg
I'll click on upload file and see what happens.
Edt: This method worked as well. I clicked More Options/Upload File and then selected the three photos. I think you can do up to 10 at a time. When done loading. I clicked Insert All As Thumbnails. Then clicked Reply to Thread. You can go back and move the thumbnails and text around it you want to make it a little neater, or put descriptions under/over a photo.

If you are having a problem, tell me EXACTLY what you are doing, and what happens or doesn't happen. Then I can easily help you out. But everything appears to still be working as it should.

Here are some photos dragged and dropped from my iPhoto (a Mac place for photos). The loaded and I clicked Post ReplyIMG_1344.jpg IMG_1296.jpg
It too works fine. They loaded and then I clicked Insert Every Image as a Thumbnail and then Post Reply.

Again, tell me EXACTLY the problem you are having. I know it has to be something very easy. If you are doing the process correctly, it must be something wrong with the photo. Please send me one you are having a problem with to my email (d.ouer (at) mac.com) and I'll be able to figure it out.

Exactly, Randy. Mine shows it loading to 100%, then when I 'post reply', the message appears, but not the photo. I'm sure Dean will figure it out.
You have to "Insert" it before you click Post. CatInPainFingerOldManNurseVamp
Emoticons seem to be working as well.
It could have just been a heavy load on the server as well. There was an DDOS attack at one point recently that slowed things down a bunch for an hour or two.

Please let me know if these problems are still occuring.

Note: The newly improved wiki with improved and simplified photo uploading and much better performance, security, and hopefully mobile viewing will be here later today.

Can't do it. I even had my relatively tech-savvy son help me and he says I'm doing things right. When I drag from iphoto, it won't take the photo in the rectangle. When I download a photo from my croton file, it shows it uploading it to 100%. After that, it doesn't say anything else like select full size or thumbnail. I don't see that anymore, but it shows the green, 100% line. Then I hit post reply. The message posts, but not the photo.

Dean, I also tried two different browsers, Chrome and Firefox and it didn't work on either one. Same things happened. When I drag a photo from iphoto, the rectangle goes grey with a green dotted line around it to show where to drag it to, but it doesn't accept the photo. When I upload from my croton file, again, the green line goes to 100%, but no size option appears and when I click post reply only the message posts, no photo.

Last edited:
Dean, I have the same problem as Anna. I waited at least 20 min yesterday after the green line went 100%, but no photo would load. Also do not care for emoticons that just appear to replace your word input.

Still not working for me (@JPG 3.64 MB) unless I resize the photo. I resized down 50% and it posted in the thread.

One more time. Nope. Still not working for me. I can't drag from iphoto and I can't upload from my files. Randy, I'm so glad you can post your photos now. How are you doing it? Oh no, Scott, not you too. At least you're computer savvy enough to be able to get around it by resizing. I'm not.

Still not working for me (@JPG 3.64 MB) unless I resize the photo. I resized down 50% and it posted in the thread.
Hmmmmm, the photos I uploaded above were all over 4MB. Can you tell me what the dimensions are of the one you had a problem with? And if possible, could you email that one to me?

And someone else had a problem with the emoticon glitch. I'll be checking it out a little later tonight. For anyone interested, I just got the new PalmPedia up. It will take me a little bit of configuration but it should be good for viewing now. And will be good for uploading, etc. here in a little bit, I hope. I would be interested to know if you can log in if you already have an account.

Dean, not working again.

I hit 'upload file', then my photos open, double click on photo, then get green bar to 100%, then nothing..................

I don't get the thumbnail or full size option.

Last edited:
Yes, Dean. I think the first or second time I did drag and drop in the post 'this month's favorites'. I cannot drag and drop those same photos now. Check them out for the size. I think they're the same size as the two I sent you. Still not uploading.

Now I get the "thumbnail option" but can't get any further. I click on both sizes, but nothing. The only way I get to "thumbnail/full" option is to go to "more options" & use multiple uploads, but that's as far as I can get. I hope you can fix this.:(

Dragging still not working either. I get all indications it's working, even a few moving grey bars next to "reply to thread", then nothing. :mad:

Dean, I also tried to upload a file to the wiki. It is working, but I can only do one at a time still and now the wiki gallery has the photos as single file despite the same old syntax, which takes an awful lot of scrolling and is IMHO, not fun to look at because you can't compare well. Should I even try to put anything new in the wiki yet? I'm not looking forward to it with one at a time uploading and unrewarding display.:( Nothing has changed with my lack of being able to post, even photos which I've posted since the new software was installed.

Ok Guys - this could be a couple of things. I did change a major setting, but I am not sure that is it. But please try again. And please try uploading a nice small size photo so I can rule out that it is a file size problem.

For those having problems - do you know if your Flash is up to date? Do you have anti-virus software? Is that up to date?Do you have a pop-up blocker? And I need to know what the file size and dimensions are of the file you are trying to upload. I have set the max size to very large at this point (20 megapixels), and max file size should be 10MB. I will try to upload a large photo now.
Waterfall.jpg
This photo was 4MB and 8 megapixels - and no problems.

Dean, I also tried to upload a file to the wiki. It is working, but I can only do one at a time still and now the wiki gallery has the photos as single file despite the same old syntax, which takes an awful lot of scrolling and is IMHO, not fun to look at because you can't compare well. Should I even try to put anything new in the wiki yet? I'm not looking forward to it with one at a time uploading and unrewarding display.:( Nothing has changed with my lack of being able to post, even photos which I've posted since the new software was installed.
Ana,
You need to select multiple photos before you upload by using the traditional ways of selecting multiple files - that is, using the right click and highlighting multiple photos, and then dragging them all at once. Do you understand how to select/highlight multiple files? There are a couple of other ways as well.

And here is how the Palm Encyclopedia is displaying the Gallery. I will check out the Croton area. Is it different than this?
Gallery.png

Now I get the "thumbnail option" but can't get any further. I click on both sizes, but nothing. The only way I get to "thumbnail/full" option is to go to "more options" & use multiple uploads, but that's as far as I can get. I hope you can fix this.:(

Dragging still not working either. I get all indications it's working, even a few moving grey bars next to "reply to thread", then nothing. :mad:
Two things - 1) maybe the new setting will help 2) I'm confused, when I click on "more options" I don't see anything that mentions multiple uploads.

Have any of you guys tried re-booting your computer and clearing your cache???

Ana,
Here is what I see in the Croton Gallery. It goes to "single file" when the window is narrow, and then is side by side when the window is larger. Is this not the way it was before?
Gallery2.png Gallery1.png

Good New and Bad New - I have been able to recreate the problem here on my computer. So now I can work on a solution. But I will have to confer with the developers as this doesn't seem to be something that is just a matter of a setting or two.

I could not get a 12 megapixel (8MB) photo to upload - so for now, photos that large will have to be re-sized first. I have a support ticket in the queue as we speak.

I did not get the old method of file upload to work, it would post the same photo each time, even though it showed a different file name, but drop and drag each photo to the box where you type your text, and wait till all the phtos load first, the select make all files a thumb nail, Ed

I did not get the old method of file upload to work, it would post the same photo each time, even though it showed a different file name, but drop and drag each photo to the box where you type your text, and wait till all the phtos load first, the select make all files a thumb nail, Ed
I'm a little confused. I have been selecting/highlighting a group of photos first, then dragging all of them together as a group into the box.

I'm a little confused. I have been selecting/highlighting a group of photos first, then dragging all of them together as a group into the box.
That's fine, I was talking about the old upload file page, where it says choose file,I had problems with the conventional method of uploading on the forum, Ed