The Sept rains have been nice

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
September has brought the true rainy season here. Next several days look to also be wet. The really good news is NOAA is predicting above avg temps and precipitation for Oct, Nov and Dec here.
noaaoff01_temp.gif

But as always.............. It only takes one cold event to do the damage. Hope Jan and Feb will be forecast likewise.

Last edited:
Gotta like some of these wx maps that pretend Canada (where most of our cold wx comes from) and Mexico do not get any wx. Same on TV. But I like the forecast! Did not move here for the winter sports.

Great rains after unusually dry summer here...and it feels so nice outside finally! Scott, you reminded me that I forgot to look for the frost blankets on sale in July!

Great rains after unusually dry summer here...and it feels so nice outside finally! Scott, you reminded me that I forgot to look for the frost blankets on sale in July!
I hope mine get to stay in the package yet another year. In fact I would be very happy to never have to open the packages.

About to have more rain here. Praying we have a mild winter after transplanting larger palms this spring. Trying to build canopy for more crotons come spring. Really don't want to haul this lipstick inside either.

Attachments

• 2014-09-24 18.32.02.jpg
    2014-09-24 18.32.02.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 60
After a below normal precipitation level in August, the September rains have been welcomed here. It always seems to rain heavier and more often in Broward then here.

Today marks the wettest day of the year for me. The 2 hr afternoon storm brought 3.80" of rain.

Anna, If I could only share it with you. A total tally of 4.01" fri and another 2.0 9" yesterday its now to wet. Sept now stands as my wettest month this year with a total of 11.7" topping the July total of 11.6".

Scott, I got a very nice rain last night! Close to two inches. I've already gotten more rain in September than all the other summer months put together. July was very dry at my house. Scorching hot, too. Wow, you've gotten a lot lot!

Septembers final rain total 10.74". The plants look like they have enjoyed the swamp conditions. Looking forward to more sun and a little dry weather that is on its way.
Img_7003.jpg