The Grass

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
The lawn has gone monster since the rais arrived. I just finished mowing for the third time in 8 days. After 3 days it looks like it needs a new haircut.

Bullwinkle stopped by this morning (moose herd). Said he had not mowed in 10 days. I know what he is busy doing this afternoon. :eek:

How is your rate of growth of your grass as of late? :p

Same here - the rains have kicked the grass into high gear.
And yesterday lightning hit my big live oak in the front yard and blew some bark off - one piece hit the house near my front door and put a dent in the wall, so those chunks of bark had some velocity :eek:

Payton,

Damn, does it look like the tree will be lost? I lost a 35' Rainbow Eucalytus a couple of years ago I think to lightning. Andrea just got the yard mowed today, she's such a brut, I just love her.

Another great visit to Mooseland but I am half dead now,had to double cut many areas due to excessive grass clippings (12 days between cuttings).It seems it is either desert conditions or noah's ark.There seems to be no middle ground :)

My neighbor across the street has a very small front yard due to his driveways. He is really bitching about how fast his grass has growing. He cannot remember it ever exploding like this. :confused:

Should I confess about the 20-20-20 soluble fertilizer that has been "splashed" on it every 14 days? :eek:

All this grass talk makes me think ya'all need more plants. I sold my mower 5 yrs ago and did all xeroscaping. This belly aching about grass growing confirms I made the right decision ;-)

Payton,

Damn, does it look like the tree will be lost? I lost a 35' Rainbow Eucalytus a couple of years ago I think to lightning. Andrea just got the yard mowed today, she's such a brut, I just love her.

Andrea's "mower" ;)

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 167
I like open grass roadways in the garden. Lets your eyes travel to other views of the garden.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 87
Payton,

Looks very survivable to me - the main trunk sustained about a one foot by six foot gash where the bark is blown off and the wood has a slightly black burnt look, and several more smaller gashes on two of the main limbs above the trunk.

Now if I could just figure out how to get my wife to cut the grass...

And Scott, your garden is top notch. You are the grass whisperer! I can't keep grass or houseplants alive. Yours always looks so lush.

And Scott, your garden is top notch. You are the grass whisperer! I can't keep grass or houseplants alive. Yours always looks so lush.

Thanks Bren! I will be removing some more of the grass areas, but I also plan to add a new grass path next year.

I love a girl with a mower. I have the new Jenny Craig plan just spread a few bags of fertilizer on the lawn, add rain and watch her mow. My wife won't let me cut the lawn so I sit on the porch and bring her cold beer.

I love a girl with a mower. I have the new Jenny Craig plan just spread a few bags of fertilizer on the lawn, add rain and watch her mow. My wife won't let me cut the lawn so I sit on the porch and bring her cold beer.

Hmmmm, I wonder why Janet refuses to let you mow the lawn? :rolleyes:

I'm past due for a trim. Never have to worry about someone else cutting the grass here. :eek: