New Stuff

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
here's some new acquisitions from today's meeting. If you donated the plant and have more info on it, pls pass it on to Anna for the Wiki.
First two should be Helen Rutherford, followed by two each of Bonnie Wade, Bob Marley, and Ashley King.
Bonnie Wade from Bullwinkle and Bob Marley from Lamar Sapp.

Attachments

• DSCN6532.JPG
    DSCN6532.JPG
    370.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN6533.JPG
    DSCN6533.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN6534.JPG
    DSCN6534.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN6535.JPG
    DSCN6535.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN6536.JPG
    DSCN6536.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN6537.JPG
    DSCN6537.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN6538.JPG
    DSCN6538.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN6539.JPG
    DSCN6539.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 189
... and a few more:
Searle #2, a NOID from the Frank Brown collection, Blotched Rubens, Aubrey Christian, and a Mike Ferrer (from Keith)

Attachments

• DSCN6540.JPG
    DSCN6540.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN6541.JPG
    DSCN6541.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN6542.JPG
    DSCN6542.JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN6543.JPG
    DSCN6543.JPG
    364 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN6544.JPG
    DSCN6544.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN6545.JPG
    DSCN6545.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN6546.JPG
    DSCN6546.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN6547.JPG
    DSCN6547.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN6548.JPG
    DSCN6548.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN6549.JPG
    DSCN6549.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 169
I added Helen Rutherford to the WIKI during my lunch break. Someone please check it. Things have changed since I added to it last time. I also wasn't sure if there was a standard format I was supposed to use. I just copied code from another Rutherford plant

Hey, sorry I haven't been around much, but I've had a minor crisis keeping me busy. Bren, I was going to ask about Helen Rutherford. In the past, this croton had been entered in the wiki as Ellen Rutherford and had been labeled as this by several others including Marie, Ron and David. It looks like the same plant as what Phil got, I think. Does anyone beg to differ? I think it must be Ellen Rutherford. Do you mind if I switch that over there and delete Helen? Also, your entry looked great! The only minor thing I would add is to use all capitals on the page name to keep things uniform, otherwise it looks great to me.

A
Hey, sorry I haven't been around much, but I've had a minor crisis keeping me busy. Bren, I was going to ask about Helen Rutherford. In the past, this croton had been entered in the wiki as Ellen Rutherford and had been labeled as this by several others including Marie, Ron and David. It looks like the same plant as what Phil got, I think. Does anyone beg to differ? I think it must be Ellen Rutherford. Do you mind if I switch that over there and delete Helen? Also, your entry looked great! The only minor thing I would add is to use all capitals on the page name to keep things uniform, otherwise it looks great to me.

Ana, I believe it was Jeff that called it "Helen" & he said it was different than Ellen.

*Are we posting here the pictures of the "new stuff" that doesn't have enough pictures in the wiki?

*I also would like to find out who I got the Bonita and the William Craig from.

Speaking of wiki, some crotons are not there at all, like Herringbone. (Brenda got a good plant at the auction).
Also, when I was looking up some of my plants earlier, it wasn't listed by name. I had to look it up by the leaf shape (which was a bit trickier), and it was there. I don't remember what it was, but I can figure out. Everything should be listed alphabetically by name, right?

Pix, I think ultimately what we'd like to see is the users posting their own pictures and info in the WIKI but it can be a little intimidating so lately, Ana has been uploading new photos. I'll let her chime in on where to send them but I'm sure this thread would be fine too.
I do plan on uploading that herringbone to the WIKI soon! If you remember which plant was not listed alphabetically in the list, let us know so we can correct the problem.

A

Ana, I believe it was Jeff that called it "Helen" & he said it was different than Ellen.

Oh, really? Randy, do me a favor and look at the photos of Ellen Rutherford and let me know if you think it's the same as yours or different. I cannot tell any difference, but you know your plant best. I will PM Jeff to see if he will join us and clarify this. Thanks! In the meantime, we will leave Bren's Helen Rutherford be.

Thank you, Ana. You are right. Now I remember.

*Curly Boy is not listed in the wiki; and also I was trying to say that the Herringbone is not listed (not mentioned at all).

Pix, Scott and Bren are now in charge of the wiki. If you have a good photo of Curly Boy, please post it so they can get a new page started. I'm sure Bren will post a photo of her beautiful new Herringbone to add to the wiki also. Thanks.

Pix, Scott and Bren are now in charge of the wiki. If you have a good photo of Curly Boy, please post it so they can get a new page started. I'm sure Bren will post a photo of her beautiful new Herringbone to add to the wiki also. Thanks.
Anna, Actually no, I am not in charge of anything. Where did this come from? I volunteered to help with a WIKI project from 2011 if we choose to pursue it. Let me say what I said in the other thread and our PM, the WIKI is a collective effort and I can help as time permits. I'm not interested in being in charge of anything.

Oh, really? Randy, do me a favor and look at the photos of Ellen Rutherford and let me know if you think it's the same as yours or different. I cannot tell any difference, but you know your plant best. I will PM Jeff to see if he will join us and clarify this. Thanks! In the meantime, we will leave Bren's Helen Rutherford be.

I'll check in the morning!

October Surprise. Supposedly Tali with a different name. Phil had this plant in his yard, and he was pretty confident that they are synonymous.
20151031_180136.jpg

A little confusion on the name here. I thought Phil called it Beauty of Windemere. In the WIKI it is under Pride of Wynmere. First pic is of plant in Phil's yard, second of the auction plant.
20151031_103827.jpg
20151031_180206.jpg

Not only would I love to add this to my collection here at the house someday, but I recommend that you consider attaching the Glock name to this. It would be well deserving. It's beautiful!