How's your Rain Fall been Lately?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
It's rained every day here for the last 7 days. Some rains were heavy but brief. Put down 250 lbs. of fertilizer 18 days ago. Plants look kinda happy.

Let's hear your precipitation report ...

It rained mucho here over the last couple of weeks while I was gone. I was traveling through Georgia, Tennesee, Kentucky and then to Indiana. talk about some good simple living and much nicer people as a whole. Anyways, yesterday was the first day with no rain.

Lousy. Very little rain here in the last two weeks. My plants are melting and so am I trying to water them all with the hose daily.:mad:
Anna, I will agree with you on Lousy. I have had only one good rain in all of June. I did have the clouds spit a few drops now and then or maybe they were just sweating. Temps in the mid/upper 90's not helping much. Where is our rainy season?

I am with you David, I am about a 1/4 mile south of Mike a get more than he does.
image.jpg

Being that ALL my plants are in planters the rain is so nice . finally bought my FINAL property , finally in the ground they will go

Hurricane Arthur is moving on towards the Carolinas. Should be drying out here over the holiday weekend. Hopefully the west coast got sufficient rain from Arthur.

The Ft. Myers west coast has received less than 3" the whole month of June! And nothing from Arthur.

I received a little over 1" in mother natures light show last night. :happy-dance:

Sorry to hear that our West Coast friends have not seen enough rain clouds, I wish I could share. Yesterday we had a faint immeasurable misting, but kept the humidity levels high. Worked in the yard for 6 hours and was drenched in sweat. At sunrise this morning, got a very nice cloud burst. Nice and cool, I decided to step up some crotons into larger containers that was much needed. Now another cloud bust has driven me inside and to the Croton Forum. :confused:

Glad to hear that the rains have finally arrived for some of our West Coastal friends! :baby:

Soon you'll be swatting the blood suckers like the rest of us. Vamp

I have not gone without applying DEET when working in the garden for the last 10 days. Yuck

Glad to hear that the rains have finally arrived for some of our West Coastal friends! :baby:

Soon you'll be swatting the blood suckers like the rest of us. Vamp

I have not gone without applying DEET when working in the garden for the last 10 days. Yuck
The blood suckers have been around, even without the rains. They should be having a party now with 5" of rain having fallen at my place since Sunday.

OMG way to much rain here in White City . I have not watered once since May . In the planters its washing the fertiluzer on thru . three month fert is gone . Over 25 inches in 60 days . Cant work on new project its to wet . Even got Track Bobcat stuck ........

OMG way to much rain here in White City . I have not watered once since May . In the planters its washing the fertiluzer on thru . three month fert is gone . Over 25 inches in 60 days . Cant work on new project its to wet . Even got Track Bobcat stuck ........

I am sure my 90 day fertilizer is gone as well even though it was put down 62 days ago. High temps with all the moisture has dispensed nearly all the time released nitrogen. Picked up some time release K-Mag. Its nearly 2.5 times the price but is a 4 month formula. Hopefully it will stay around the root zone longer.

Haven't had rain in weeks and it's been in the 90's daily:(. Very frustrating. Even other parts of town have had way more rain than us. After a long dry spell got an inch a month ago and a light sprinkle a few days after that. Nothing since. I've been away the last week and everything has suffered. Wish you all could send some my way.