Fall Croton Meeting and Tour

Croton to look for: As you enter Jeff's front gate, there is an exceptional Della McGee on your left that looks better than the photo in Crotons of the World in my opinion. :cool:

As mentioned in another thread, Blotched Thanksgiving is another eye pleasing cultivar at the Searle Compound. ;)

For the vegetarians and recent converts: Vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats. Here's lunch on Saturday. See you all then.

Attachments

• pork.jpg
    pork.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 153
Wow - my mouth is watering as well! :D

I just got a brain storm of an idea. So I can raise funds to bid on some of the rare stuff, I can valet park for those who don't arrive early for a nominal fee. Just kidding of course :eek:, the earlier you come, the closer to the gate you will be. :cool:

I dropped off a couple of tables yesterday. All attendees will be in for a treat, the crotons are really looking gorgeous at Jeff and Andrea's. :eek:

Some ID items to cover Saturday:

1. The distinction between Voncilla Barley and Baron James de Rothschild - Jeff has good examples of both
2. The confusing plants part 6 - Norman Rockwell, Rembrandt and the other Norman Rockwell
3. The real Royal Flush

Some ID items to cover Saturday:

1. The distinction between Voncilla Barley and Baron James de Rothschild - Jeff has good examples of both
2. The confusing plants part 6 - Norman Rockwell, Rembrandt and the other Norman Rockwell
3. The real Royal Flush

Ray.....
You certainly have the passion brother. But, you did bring up a very good topic here. #1 and #3 we can all agree on I think, #2, I'm still in the dark and this group is far from cleared up. Also, awhile ago you had me "cleared up" on the real Victor Lemoine. The pink plant that you saw in my nursery and yard, I'm not so sure is the real VL. In the old book, it's described as being red, no pink. Sooo, I'm still sticking with the original plant w/ the VL name on it until others can convince me otherwise.

Chris (pocomo) stopped by this afternoon and helped me pick 100 avocados. They will be used to hold down the Silent Auction forms. At the completion of the auction people can take the avocados. The variety is "Lula" and has a very high oil content simular to a "Hass". Makes a very creamy and flavorful guacamole. :)

This appears to be shaping up to be the most well attended Croton Tour that I have been to. :cool:

I plan to bring a 1905 salad. Local Tampa Bay folks know it's a salad made famous by Tampa's old Columbia Restaurant founded in 1905.

Ray,

That sounds awesome. Remind me to try some early on before it all gets eaten up.

Rumor has it that some of the world famous Cheescake Factory cheescake will be making their way to the dining tables. mama mia!!!

Ok, everything was near perfect for that day. Great turnout, great people, great food, great weather,etc,etc.

All we need now is some GREAT pictures from Palmarum. Ohh Ryan.....

Ok, everything was near perfect for that day. Great turnout, great people, great food, great weather,etc,etc.

All we need now is some GREAT pictures from Palmarum. Ohh Ryan.....

Hmmmmm ... Well this thread has gone viral. Las Vegas has even posted odds of when Ryan will post the photos. I asked about the over-under, 2011 or 2012. If you take the over (2012) you need to lay down $100 TO WIN $110, easiest $10 I ever made. :rolleyes:

I spoke to Ryan today, we were setting up a booth for the TPIE Show in Ft Lauderdale. I brought this very subject up to him and he basically said " I don't feel like posting any pictures". So...there you have it.....