Bell shaped leaf on Andreanum??

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
Is this common to this plant? Pics don't depict very well but it is completely bell shaped and growing straight up. I've never seen one like this.

I won this at auction yesterday, it was the plant with the air layer on it for those of you that were there. I never did learn who donated it nor did I realize this leaf until this morning.

Attachments

• andre1.jpg
    andre1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 91
  • andre.jpg
    andre.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 90
I guess I was thrown because of the stem size. On the others in my yard, that funky leaf stays close to the stem and I've never seen it pointed or so cupped. It is the same shape as victoria gold bell but larger and upright. Most times they are circular or hearts shaped too. This stem is 2 inches plus. Still learning. Thanks

I guess I was thrown because of the stem size. On the others in my yard, that funky leaf stays close to the stem and I've never seen it pointed or so cupped. It is the same shape as victoria gold bell but larger and upright. Most times they are circular or hearts shaped too. This stem is 2 inches plus. Still learning. Thanks

Still learning.....arn't we all? Lol! Good seeing you and had fun w/ your friend Gina during the auction. She had lots of fun I think.
Jeff