33) Dave MacClean #93
34) Queen of Siam
35) General MacArthur
36) Wow!
37) Jungle Queen
38) Confetti
39) Catch of the Day?

Randy, good to 'see' you!

31.I picked this one up as Amabile from David King but it looks quite different from the one he has up there even though I took it as a cutting from his plant??
36.A seedling that I am calling Spanish Dancer.The leaves are get tightly furled as they age
and has very nice color.

Mike, you've got to help me out! Please! Let me embarass myself again:

31) ?
32) Davis 14
33) Dave MacClean #93
34) Queen of Siam
35) General MacArthur
36) Wow!
37) Jungle Queen
38) Confetti
39) Catch of the Day?

Randy, good to 'see' you!

Mike, are you saying my guesses were all right? If not, please correct them.

31.I picked this one up as Amabile from David King but it looks quite different from the one he has up there even though I took it as a cutting from his plant??
36.A seedling that I am calling Spanish Dancer.The leaves are get tightly furled as they age
and has very nice color.

Wow, that's a nice seedling! Is it close to Krakatoa? The markings remind me of that, but in a more broadleaf form?

All guesses are right except 39,I picked it up a few years ago as Lucky Gold.Very long leaves and eventually gets a yellow color as the leaves age but very,very slow

#20 is a seedling from JC down in the keys,very variable plant,sometimes it throws dud colorless stems but the stem right beside it looks fantastic??

This morning's offerings. At least this thread has got the forum talking crotons again ! :)

Para 31.JPG

#31 is definitely no Amabile. Not even close and still considered very rare in collections.

I had doubts also,it looked similar to the Amabile that I saw over at Johnny,this is probably a new plant as I have showed many people this plant and they had question marks.This plant is quite fast and gets long colorful leaves,definitely a winner.What is truly weird about this one is that it looks very different from the plant that I took the cutting from??I will try and post a pic of the original plant.David came by and was quite surprised that I picked this plant up from him as it did not look like his at all.

Last edited:
The only ones I know for sure here Ron are Tan Wi Kiat and Geisha Girl. Mike, help us out, please. That Tan Wi Kiat is amazing!:eek:

49 is Ashley King flushing some new leaves.48 is a seedling that was growing in pot when I bought a plant from Stan,53 is unknown to me,not sure where I picked it up??

Sorry for all the questions, Mike, but what kind of lighting do you have your Tan Wi Kiat in? I don't have this cultivar, but after seeing yours, it is on my wish list.[/QUOT

No problem Ana,Tan Wi gets is under shade most of day but gets direct unfiltered sun from about 4pm to 6.30pm

#60 looks like Polychrome leaf shape and form. It's a little more orange-pinky than usual, but I still think it's Polychrome.
#61- Magnificent
#62- ?
#63- Cover Girl?
#64- That spectacular croton we saw at Mike's during the tour. I don't think he knew it's name.
#65- Habit or form looks like Juliette Delarue?

#60 could be and probably is Polychrome, but where's all the pink??? Moose...you certainly know what a Polychrome is...is it?

#63 is not Cover Girl. There's actually some good striping, or veining throughout the leaf.

#60 could be and probably is Polychrome, but where's all the pink??? Moose...you certainly know what a Polychrome is...is it?

#63 is not Cover Girl. There's actually some good striping, or veining throughout the leaf.

Hi Jeff,it is Polychrome,this is another pic of the same plant :)Little more pink in this pic
polychrome.jpg

Post #73 is not Tiffany and #75 does not look like one either. Not especially rare since there's been at least one big 3 gal in last several late summer auctions.
N.B. - it comes in two forms and both can appear on same plant. Lunch time here or I'd take a few pics and post.

72 is Freedom from Keith (this one looks like it is going to be a great plant)
73 is White Tapestry from Hans,for those who went on the tour in Nov ,this is a cutting from the big one in the back
74 not sure about this one
75 is unknown from Stan