Pictures for ANA.

I like Inca and never knew it existed until now. Thanks for the picture Jerry.

Wiki needs a shot of Yellow Mammy ( Mammey Mammie :confused: ) .
IMG_2365.jpgIMG_2367.jpg

Leota is looking a lot like Colonel Lindbergh.

WHAT??? Not even close, come on, the Colonel really stands out with colors, even in all day shade. Here something most people don't know. The actual C/L plant is a veined plant with a lot of yellow and green as their prominent colors and the other form is the one with the blotch colors, mainly reds. Which would probably be considered the "blotched form" of C/L. I have both forms growing on the same plant that either came out of Halgrims yard or the Edison museum. Very rare to see this.

Jeff,

Use your imagination. It's a CL in distress. I've got a 3 gallon purchased from Johnny Shelton at the USF sale years ago. It looked great before the 2010 freeze and is now still struggling to regain it's pre freeze form. It looks just like the pictured Leota with small leaves. I never said the plant in the photo was a good looking Lindbergh.

Small plant but it is Davis Compacta from one of the guys with the J. S. name.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 139
Jeff,

Use your imagination. It's a CL in distress. I've got a 3 gallon purchased from Johnny Shelton at the USF sale years ago. It looked great before the 2010 freeze and is now still struggling to regain it's pre freeze form. It looks just like the pictured Leota with small leaves. I never said the plant in the photo was a good looking Lindbergh.

Lol.... I guess there could be a .00000000001 % it could. But look at the WIKI pic. Anyway, I hope it turns out to be one. Ron, if it's in a pot, you could bring it by and I'll have a look at it if you want. Maybe tonight!

Here is another Leota Source: Marie
Its pretty slow but can be planted in an intimate area that won't outgrow its situation for a long time. :)

Marie relayed to me tonight that she got Leota from a past President of the Society. Having seen Jeff's Col. Lindbergh, this plant does not have as large of leaves. My plant has been in the ground for three years so I don't think the leaves are gonna get much larger. As the young folks say - "it is what it is" :D

As the most interesting man in the world might say, "growing conditions my friend, growing conditions.":cool:

If it came from the west coast, and Harold Lee and Scott Dozier both lived on this coast, "Leota" could be suffering the from the same malady as my Col Lindbergh: Smallleafpostfreezeitis.

Nice Mango , really showing its yellows..... Giesha Girl bringing out the vivid pinks ... trying to get giesha ,arrowhead to do the funky..... would make an interesting seedling

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 129
Bought as an Excellent 15 years ago in a 1 gal , very different looks on each branch , but which is it ....? Doesnt really look like one today .....any ideas ??????

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 127
Bought as an Excellent 15 years ago in a 1 gal , very different looks on each branch , but which is it ....? Doesnt really look like one today .....any ideas ??????

We might have to call them the Superbum/Excellent syndrome ie MacArthur just saying.

ID. came from the Ramble Baroness Rothchild seedling in pot for size reference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 134
Ana - here is the Excellent you wanted me to post a photo of. Its in heavy shade, so the leaves are stretched and quite large. Unfortunately where it is positioned it does not photograph well. It looks much better in person.

Attachments

• Excellent.JPG
    Excellent.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 122
Ron, Are you positive that is Excellent? Looks like what I have as Gloriosum Superbum here...
IMG_2721.jpgIMG_2722.jpg Excellent or G. Superbum here we go again :confused:
BTW This one is growing in AM full sun.