Wilma

Ray - having never seen your plant, I cannot have an opinion about its ID. My comments were directed at the plants that were brought to the Holiday Social and ID's confirmed by Bob Alonso. I will admit that I have not seen a large Wilma yet.The largest Wilma plant I have seen was in Randy's garden and we know it "weren't all that big". Mine happens to be 1/3 the size of Randy's.

I am anxious to get through this Winter and get my Wilma established and thriving. Crank it up with some "blue liquid love" and see if the leaves will increase in size? :rolleyes:

Ray - how large is you plant? Can we get a picture when it gets liberated from the green house?

Best regards,

Ron.

My plant is about 3 feet tall and the leaves are bigger than my hand....and I've got big hands. I'd assumed my plant resembled Wilma this entire time but actually looks more like Jeff's Bob Bullock. I'll take a photo after this weather chaos passes. I hope that's sooner than March.

I got 2 plants from Randy. One with small leaves (#1), one with big ones (#2) that was labeled Barbara Bush. I also have one in the ground for a couple of years (#3) that was a cutting from David McLean.

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 140
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 126
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 128
This post is not to resurrect the Wilma - Col. Bob Bullock debate. Re-reading this thread, it appears Peyton's research has found the parentage to Wilma. Petra being the Momma and Mrs. Iceton (Eyeston ?) the "Baby's Daddy".

This cultivar is real slow for me. Interesting that the progeny is way slower than the parents growth rate. Just a curious observation. :eek:

My experience is that if it has a large leaf than = Colonel Bob Bullock.

If it has smaller leaves and is very, very slow = Wilma.

Just some personal observations. :eek:

Yea but Ron remember, side by side, their two totally different looking plants. It's not just leaf size. When you come over to the house after the sale, remind me and we'll look at both.

Jeff, I think there's a little more resemblance that what you're saying. At a casual glance, the two plants can be very confusing.

Ron, my Wilma is not slow. I've air layered mine 4 times in the last 2 years.

My Wilma was super slow until this year.It doubled in size and started putting out some king sized leaves from April to October ??It sat there for 3 years doing nothing and then exploded, Go figure??