Wili's Gold

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Wili's Gold has broad 13" x 6" rounded leaves containing several shades of green, yellow, pink and red on 4" leaf stems. Grows well in my afternoon sun location. My plant seldom shows any pink or red.
Img_7359.jpg
Img_7360.jpg

I have not seen one like this before. It is a good looking plant and is better than most yellow/green varieties. It may not be your climate and growing conditions that have eliminated the pinks and reds. We have those colors here in California. I would try to get another source for Wilis Gold and then do a comparison to see if the bright colors show up in that clone.

Ken. I have been on the look out for another Wilis Gold for a couple years now. This one was a gift some years ago from a nearby Croton collector. It had very little red in a couple of the leaves when it was given to me. As it has grown the red has become non existent. I really like this one, but I do want one with the reds. I had rooted a cutting from it a couple of years ago to try in full sun and it also never got the great reds. That cutting now has a new home and maybe it will become colorful for its new caretaker.

Last edited:
Here is Pixie Olga's Wili's Gold growing in her garden showing great color.
IMG_1062.JPG

The no pink 'Wili's Gold' lives up to its gold name. This Wili must not like pink.
pizap.com14493339890091.jpg

Bren, After 5 years of remaining green and gold, I do not think that it will attain the pinks and reds. I gave up and added another WG to the garden that had the pinks and reds.