wiki suggestion

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
We have stunning example for all the varieties but I wish we would include out of color and pics of young plants for ID purposes. Would that be helpful to others?

Also wish there was the equivalent of a next button to scroll effortlessly through the different pages while trying to ID a plant. Maybe Dean can chime in. If it's doable, I would add the code.

That's an interesting idea. Only problem is that when plants are young or out of color there is simply no way to ID them. You just have to grow stuff out. Yikes.

Bren - my thoughts are as follows...

You could make a page for ID purposes that had a representative photo of each cultivar in the same gallery. Then you could scroll through them. But you would still be scrolling through hundreds.

Or it might be possible to use the category tags to "deeper" levels - like how we have them categorized by Leaf Shape now. Then you could have them by Color under that. And farther down with any other characteristics like size, or whatever. That way at least you could narrow down your search to all large red oak leaf plants, for example.

Or you could merge the two ideas and have a page with photo of all red oak leaf plants - but that would require some work. But they are already categorized by Leaf Shape, so that's part of the work done already.