Sybil Griffen

Plant Nut

05/07/09
How many versions of Sybil Griffen are recognized by the "experts"? I'm thinking at least four!

I'm no expert but here's some in the garden:
1. The classic drop-dead-sexy well-colored and deeply lobed version - a Keys grown plant that's been in the ground in a very sunny locationhere for a year.
2. The well-colored and with some lobes and shoulders version- from the party at Jeff Searle's and with his purple tag on it.
3. A not-too-well colored version - this one has been struggling since I got it from John Bender; periodic whompings by royal palm fronds have not helped it.
4. The Green Sybil Griffen - from auction at last meeting at Rick Leitner's.
Now you know as much as I do so knock yourselves silly.....

Anyone know who Sybil Griffen was? A Google search turned up nothing. Call it what you want but a well-grown one is a splendid sight.

Attachments

• DSCN3569.jpg
    DSCN3569.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN3570.jpg
    DSCN3570.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN3571.jpg
    DSCN3571.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN3572.jpg
    DSCN3572.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 84
As time goes by I am thinking that they may be 4.A plant that Pocomo has labeled C & B looks like it could be yellow Sybil Griffen.The more I look at it the more I am thinking that Ray has called this one correctly.

I'm no expert but I know of only 2.

I am workin on the name tags, Phil is this S. G.?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 69
Lamar -
no idea on first one but it is not a SG.
second one looks more like Corot to me than Pres Reagan (Reagan usually has a lot more deep red to it than Corot).

onward through the fog...

Patience grasshopper's the movers and shakers have a plan in motion. Mike and the other planners have a combo meeting planed for next spring. That said you can call and come by anytime you are in the area, that said just a little warning and food and drink could be available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 71