Some unknowns in my garden

annafl

Esteemed Member
Here's hoping someone will recognize any of these plants. Any ideas are welcome! This first one is one I got from Keith maybe five years ago? It is one of my favorite crotons in the garden. It's leaf shape is a lot like the one we used to think was Robert Krukonis, but it's very pink! Sometimes it's very light pink, sometimes medium pink like this. My photos today have strange lighting. After all the rain today there was a lot of glare on the plants and they were wet also, so a lot of light reflecting back to the camera. The only editing I did was to try to remove some of the glare from the photos. Sorry about that. See if you have any ideas on this one:

RK-Ana.JPG

Lastly, this is not really an unknown, but, IMHO, it is more beautiful than its named mother. It was also gifted to me, this time by Phil,
DSC_1994.JPG
as Reliance. I've never seen such a beautiful Reliance. I know Phil has a beautiful clone, but this one is over the top with color. Is this really Reliance/Willy? Sorry about the weird color/lighting on my photos today. I tried to remove the excess glare (highlights), and it gave me some weirdness. You get the idea, though.

Lastly, this is not really an unknown, but, IMHO, it is more beautiful than its named mother. It was also gifted to me, this time by Phil,View attachment 36395 as Reliance. I've never seen such a beautiful Reliance. I know Phil has a beautiful clone, but this one is over the top with color. Is this really Reliance/Willy? Sorry about the weird color/lighting on my photos today. I tried to remove the excess glare (highlights), and it gave me some weirdness. You get the idea, though.
Looks like Reliance but it is a beauty.....

Grandma from Ron looks to be in the Mcarthur complex of plants.All are similar but exhibit some differences,the Reliance is very pretty

Hi Anna,I also have the plant Fairchild.I bought it at an auction 3 years agoView attachment 36416
What a great looking plant, both your plant and Ana's. Need to add it to my wishlist.
Mike, do you have any photos of your Halloween you could share? I got one from Randy and just put it in the garden. He said it should get more color with the additional sun. Have you got a date yet for the garden tour and auction, hopefully I will be able to go?
Thanks Karl