Short List of Susceptible Crotons to Scale

I have been battling the scale all summer,this has been my worst year ever.I have found that by controlling the ants first it reduces the amount of scale dramatically.I am finally getting a handle on the scale after around 6 weeks with lots of Merit and Ant bait .Thw whitefly is now becoming a major pain.I will say that keeping a healthy looking garden in SFla. might soon be impossible for anyone other than a truly dedicated gardener.

I'm spraying with Organicide every 10 days and chopping off pieces of Crotons that are completely covered with scale. The only good thing is that the Organicide is keeping the Lubbers off the plants.

I have been battling the scale all summer,this has been my worst year ever.I have found that by controlling the ants first it reduces the amount of scale dramatically.I am finally getting a handle on the scale after around 6 weeks with lots of Merit and Ant bait .Thw whitefly is now becoming a major pain.I will say that keeping a healthy looking garden in SFla. might soon be impossible for anyone other than a truly dedicated gardener.

Stop Mike, your embarassing me :eek:

I have only had to deal with the scale one time. That was on a Society auction plant that came from S.FL. Other than that, I have not found any scale.