Scale is everywhere

fawnridge

04/07/09
I haven't sprayed in months and all of a sudden, I have Croton scale everywhere in the garden. Plants deep in the middle that never had a problem, now have scale. A few that had it very bad last year have already got branches with the green monsters.

I sprayed 2 gallons of Organicide and Malathion mixed on most of the Crotons and then another 2 gallons of just Malathion on the worst hit plants. If it's this bad in December, I can't imagine what we're going to be dealing with come June.

I could not agree more,the scale is omnipresent.To be honest this December feels more like June.I have been over 80 degrees 15 days in a row.Plants are flushing like crazy.we will have a cool down in a few days but it will be shortlived and we should be back up to 80's in around 10 days or so

I haven't sprayed in months and all of a sudden, I have Croton scale everywhere in the garden. Plants deep in the middle that never had a problem, now have scale. A few that had it very bad last year have already got branches with the green monsters.

I sprayed 2 gallons of Organicide and Malathion mixed on most of the Crotons and then another 2 gallons of just Malathion on the worst hit plants. If it's this bad in December, I can't imagine what we're going to be dealing with come June.