ROBERTICO'S CROTON GARDENS IN COSTA RICA

donroberth

19/07/09
In keeping with posting Croton photos of personal gardens in this sub-forum I would like to share a few before & after pix from one of the gardens that surround my home…here’s hoping you enjoy them:

01 YEAR 2007 - My outdoor flight of steps as viewed from below before I was turned-on to Crotons.

02 YEAR 2011 - First attempts at Croton landscaping.

03 YEAR 2012 - FYI…flight of steps measure 90.0 linear feet.

04 OCT2014 - Access to the garden from above.

05 (TODAY) – Robertico’s hidden garden as viewed from below. These past couple of years I’ve more than doubled the number of Crotons and generously sprinkled Fishtail and smaller Phoenix Roebelenii Palms throughout this Croton patch. NOTE: Please see photo # 01… before and after comparison.:)

06 Introducing “CANELO”, my ever-present companion, pedigree… abandoned Mutt. “This little guy” showed-up on the ranch one day (about 5 years ago) and decided to stay in order to adopt me, obviously with food and board included in the deal! :)

PHOTOS 07 & 8: A few random Croton pix from the subject garden.

01 YEAR 2007 -  FLIGHT OF STEPS AS VIEWED FROM BELOW.JPG
02 YEAR 2011 - MY FIRST ATTEMPTS DSC02889.JPG
03 YEAR 2012 - FLIGHT OF OUTDOOR STEPS  DSC02163.JPG
04 OCT2014 - ACCESS INTO HIDDEN GARDEN FROM ABOVE DSC07934.JPG
05 (TODAY) - ROBERTICO\'S HIDDEN GARDEN AS VIEWED FROM BELOW DSC07124.JPG
06 \'CANELO\'...MY EVER PRESENT COMPANION WHO ADOPTED ME!.jpg
07 DSC06752.JPG
08 DSC07290.JPG

Last edited:
WideEyedWootJawDropJawDropWoot!!! Robert, thanks so much for posting these photos of your incredible garden! All the work and love that went into this steep hillside makes it even more spectacular. I love it. I also love seeing how you mixed in all the other tropicals. Thanks for sharing.Happy

By the way, I'm so envious of that beautiful, rich soil.

What can I say, ENVY is not nice. That is so very well done, great narrative and beautiful shots. Thank You. If you ever come to Florida please stop by I will give you a dose of claustrophobia.

Roberto - the stair way photos are exemplary. They remind me of one of my favorite songs.

Stairway 1.JPG
Stairway 2.JPG
Stairway 3.JPG
Stairway 4.JPG

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.