Pelagodoxa henryana

Jeff - it is on the south side of house, protected from north winds. Heavy mulch and a blanket during severe cold fronts. As it hopefully gets bigger - prayer. :)

It has a better chance in the ground than getting neglected in the container. :eek:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've had some trouble with these guys due to some fungus. If you are mixing up any fungicide, I'd mix a tad more. IMO it wouldn't hurt to give it a spray.

Do I have the largest Pely outside in SoFL?? Mine is now over the first story roof line. I do wrap it when it gets below 45F. I think, with maturity, it is actually more cold tolerant than first thought.

Unfortunately, I have ganoderma in my garden. Right beside it is a Ptychosperma sp, that is losing each trunk, one per month to ganoderma. I hope this doesn't hop to my Pely. I know there are no guarantees. Ugh.

Rick, that sounds scary and sad! get that ptycho out as quick as u can--rip it out, if you can... These palms love water too, Ron. Letting it dry out is deadly. I have heard there are some that are fast, and some that are slow...