mini greenhouse

pocomo

26/03/10
I don't use the bag method. Instead if you get a large enough pot you can get pot liners. I got these at walmart. you could drill holes around the top edge of the pot and put some kind of screws around the edge but I used duct tape that I rolled part way up making a lip and invert the liner and put it on top. This way you can regularly check cuttings and water if needed. Also gives just enough air movement to prevent rots and the like.
pictured are doris and salmon rooting and in the adjacent pot some already rooted and left open soon to be potted. Chris

Attachments

• P1090513a.jpg
    P1090513a.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 87
  • P1090512a.jpg
    P1090512a.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 105
  • P1090509a.jpg
    P1090509a.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 101
Chris,

That seems to be a good method for rooting, glad to hear it's working out for you. Also, it lets others know that they also can root cuttings and that they don't need a propagation house with mist heads set up.

Jeff

The clear storage bins with lids work great. You can put a 4 inch pot with
a 4 or 5 inch cutting in it. I have about a hundred thats ready to come out,
I had very little leaf loss. [ 8 bins ]

I don't use the bag method. Instead if you get a large enough pot you can get pot liners. I got these at walmart. you could drill holes around the top edge of the pot and put some kind of screws around the edge but I used duct tape that I rolled part way up making a lip and invert the liner and put it on top. This way you can regularly check cuttings and water if needed. Also gives just enough air movement to prevent rots and the like.
Great idea - I like it!

pictured are doris and salmon rooting and in the adjacent pot some already rooted and left open soon to be potted. Chris

And now that Doris looks like this ;)

Attachments

• Doris.JPG
    Doris.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 63
  • Doris A.JPG
    Doris A.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 75