Intersting Unknown Hybrid (Crysophyllum? Lavaloie?)

kwtimo

22/05/10
:confused:I purchased this croton at a local plant store today which occasionally has some decent looking 3 gallon crotons. It caught my eye because I couldn't figure if it was just a Crysophyllum, or if it is a Lavaloie hybrid of some sort, or both. Note the darker coloration on the top side of the leaves towards the base of the plant. Anyone familiar with this? I think it's a pretty good looking croton, and with two more still at the store, I might go back and pick them up Lavaloie Hybrid 002.jpgLavaloie Hybrid 008.jpgLavaloie Hybrid 006.jpgLavaloie Hybrid 005.jpgLavaloie Hybrid 001.jpgLavaloie Hybrid 003.jpg

Nice plant,I cannot say I have seen one exactly like it??

:confused:I purchased this croton at a local plant store today which occasionally has some decent looking 3 gallon crotons. It caught my eye because I couldn't figure if it was just a Crysophyllum, or if it is a Lavaloie hybrid of some sort, or both. Note the darker coloration on the top side of the leaves towards the base of the plant. Anyone familiar with this? I think it's a pretty good looking croton, and with two more still at the store, I might go back and pick them upView attachment 19697View attachment 19701View attachment 19700View attachment 19699View attachment 19696View attachment 19698

Great find Tim, I have asmall tree form of Bloched Whooten Beauty that has a very similar look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 75
That's a very nice Noblissima more commonly known as Zulu in the trade. There's a bit more variability in the leaves than I'm accustomed to seeing but have seen other specimens like yours.
Thanks very much for the ID, Ray. I got the second confirmation from Jim & Judy Glock today. They have one growing at their croton wonderland in Cudjoe.

Tim, you done good, ya got a name. I will tag along and ask for help on one of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 102