junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
My garden buddies. Show yours!

Attachments

• 20141017_174730-1.jpg
    20141017_174730-1.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 90
Could be. Ben was a high risk rescue. Starved down to 29# by former owner who went to jail for his abuse. He was very sickly & heartworm positive. Now 72#s. At adoption, his paperwork said standard poodle. He sinks like a rock in the pool though..didn't get the water dog memo.

Oh, I'm loving this!

Bren, who and what is the little one with the perky ears?

Randy, your dude is really handsome. What breed is he?

Lamar, I love that shot. The loving pooch exhibiting the same mood as his master. You look like a gardener, too. Big scratch on arm, a little dirt under the nails ( a permanent fixture for me).

Gotta get a photo of my old girl.

Anna, that is Clara. We rescued her last Thanksgiving. She was about to be euthanized in naples shelter. She had mange & giardia. Took us 4-5 mths to get her healthy. She was bald! Vet thinks she is chinese crested puffball. Her hobbies include swimming, eating lizards & bossing Ben around.

Attachments

• 20140913_183851-1.jpg
    20140913_183851-1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 70
Great photos everyone! Thanks for sharing. Here are my Doxies- Shadow, Prince and Shorty
IMG_7208.JPG
IMG_7206.JPG
IMG_7196.JPG

Last edited:
Bren, that is admirable. Clara and the little white poochie look great.

Scott, those are three cutsies too. I've never seen a calico daschund.

Here is Bruce. She is my garden protector. She keeps a lookout for pesky squirrels and any wayward joggers. She viciously gives kisses till you drop. She has a cute gray beard now.

DSC_0988.JPG

Everyone has such cute helpers! Scott, bring those cuties out next visit! Lamar, your pooch has such pretty markings! Anna, we got such a kick out of Bruce, she is the sweetest & we loved meeting her!!

Oh and almost forgot to include Bob our old man manx. He's more of a garden accessory these days. He does this & eats.

Attachments

• 20141004_180441.jpg
    20141004_180441.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 89
Anna, The color pattern on Prince is called Dapple. They also have Double Dapples but most doubles will be blue eyed and blind. Here is Prince as a young boy some 12 yrs ago.
Prince 11.JPG

Randy, I have had no problem with these three digging. I had one years ago and was always digging. BTW I grew up with Irish Setters in my early years.

image.jpg
Tanner is the best canine companion ever! Brought him home at 8 weeks and has never had an accident indoors, dug one hole, jumped up onto anyone, ran away, or barked out of control. I wish I could say the same about begging for food and sniffing crotches. Like Dad like son.

Rick he is beautifulllllll, Nell and I opened the Labradoor in March of 1970. We are in the talking stage of getting a rescue baby now.

Tanner has a sweet face. I love the green eyes.

Yes, Randy, Bruce is a standard poodle, but she is not a fru fru girl and I've always clipped her like this. Sometimes it's shorter, sometimes it's woolly in the cool part of the winter, but it is a variation of this haircut. You wouldn't know she's a poodle except for that she loves to get clipped and bathed, and hates to get dirty or wet. She will literally tiptoe if it is wet outside. She is not afraid of fireworks, thunder or lightning, but she is afraid of the pool.

Hahahahaha!!!! Poor guy, such an expressive face. Look at those eyes, and the expression on the mouth with all the tiny water droplets. Randy, I forgot his name. He is really quite beautiful.

My Brucie loves her bath because I use our warm outdoor shower and massage her with a metal brush all over. However, she doesn't like any other wetting. Especially wet ground when she is dry. Not much spoiled, is she?

Hahahahaha!!!! Poor guy, such an expressive face. Look at those eyes, and the expression on the mouth with all the tiny water droplets. Randy, I forgot his name. He is really quite beautiful.

My Brucie loves her bath because I use our warm outdoor shower and massage her with a metal brush all over. However, she doesn't like any other wetting. Especially wet ground when she is dry. Not much spoiled, is she?

Ana, That's KC's "hey I'm wet over here" pissed off look.

Lamar, Is your guy a Springer?

Ha! Great thread! How many plants do we lose to our helpers? This week my Ben snapped off branches of poopsie m. & a bravo! The lizards make him go nuts. 75# bull in a china shop!!

Belle is an English Spaniel. We only get her when our grandchildren go on a trip. We spend a lot of time outside and then in our chair. This is Finished
image.jpg