Holiday Social proposal

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
I was talking to Keith Hanks last night and he thought of a great idea for the upcoming holiday social. Everyone that's going to attend brings a small plant from home (rooted preferably since December is no time to root cuttings). If 25 people attend and bring 25 plants, we label the plants with a number between 1 and 25. We then draw numbers out of a hat and you get to take home the plant with that number. It's a twist on the secret santa tradition some families do during at Christmas. I think this would be nice and in the holiday spirit. Any thoughts on this?

Sounds like a lot of fun Ray but I'll have to bring something other than a croton since my collection is in it's infancy.

I'm already getting excited about attending this meeting. And,I'm already hearing that many people will be coming from all directions. I think the auction will be big, with bidding prices going crazy. Judy and Jim are spending long hours in their yard with mulching, weed clearing, trimming, etc as we speak in preparation for everyone coming.

I think the idea of everyone bringing a croton for the number game sounds wonderful.

As far as bringing a Tahina palm, not so sure. But....I'll bring some nice goodies for the auction, count on it.

In theory it sounds good. If we are short plants though. I say throw everything in for the auction! :rolleyes:

I was not bringing a plant but I have something interesting for the auction. :)