Charmer

Forgot the pic :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 120
Looks like something went through the rinse cycle a few times too many.
These are Charmer, collected in Pinecrest several years ago:

Attachments

• charmer.jpg
    charmer.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 102
  • charmer2_cu.jpg
    charmer2_cu.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 107
  • charmer1_cu.jpg
    charmer1_cu.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 114
The mother plant that these cuttings came from is growing in a full sun location.

Ricky's photos look like Charmer. Scott I am not so sure on yours. Charmer has a elongated paddle shaped leaf sometimes a small to non existant point. Scott your leaves look like they have a pronounced point. However, you took yours as a cutting. Cuttings sometimes take awhile to mature and show their true leaf characteristics. Did you get a positive I.D. of the mother plant?

I try to avoid cuttings unless the mother plant has a positive I.D. But that is just my idiosyncracy. When somone asks what is that called, I like to have a name.

If there is a beautiful colored croton that a cutting can be harvested, go for it. That is why we started getting the bug was because of the colors. :)

I was looking at the pictures in the Encyclopedia and the pic of Charmer (pg 39) was a close look. But also Aubrey Christian (pg 98). The cuttings came from a 2.5' plant.

Four more pics without the flash for ID of the cuttings.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 95
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 96
Pinocchio it is. The mother plant looks like the 1st pic of Pinocchio taken by fawnridge in the Palmpedia. Thanks