A Couple You May Know

palmisland

28/03/08
Jose stopped by last week & said the first one may be Tugboat Annie/Marie Dressler:confused: I think the 2nd one may be a true Daisy Ortegas:confused: Watcha think???

Attachments

• DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 74
The first one does not look like what I call Marie Dressler. I'll have to check the old book but believe MD is a semi-oak variety.

Ray, The photo on page 17 of the old book is spot on & the description- Marie Dressler:

Familiarly known as "Tugboat Annie". Semi-oak leaf, ground color dark red with midribs & veins leading out from the center ribs a pinkish-orange.

Watcha think:confused:

So Randy's plant is definitely not MD. His plant is an oak leaf. My small and very slow MD looks nothing like Randy's plant and has zero oakleaf characteristics. Keith has the big momma in his shadehouse and can confirm any leaf variability.

There's a photo of MD in the 1960 book? I don't remember that.

The 1980's book is riddled with errors beyond what Johnny Shelton listed. It's a great photo book but has too many errors for me to use as a reference with any confidence.

So Randy's plant is definitely not MD. His plant is an oak leaf. My small and very slow MD looks nothing like Randy's plant and has zero oakleaf characteristics. Keith has the big momma in his shadehouse and can confirm any leaf variability.

There's a photo of MD in the 1960 book? I don't remember that.

The 1980's book is riddled with errors beyond what Johnny Shelton listed. It's a great photo book but has too many errors for me to use as a reference with any confidence.

I don't know why I was looking at the photo of "Juliete Delarue" instead. So what is my plant?