2nd ID,maybe a little harder??

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
I hope this one makes it,it looks like it might struggle due to lack of clorophyll??

Attachments

• DSC00264 (2).jpg
    DSC00264 (2).jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00266 (2).jpg
    DSC00266 (2).jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 109
I see red petioles in the first photo. I think it's a sun bleached Jean Frances Fascell. There are two versions of this plant: One veined and one splotched. The one above looks like the veined variety.

You probably correct,this one gets full sun all day.I did not know that there were two varieties of Jean Fascell.I have the splotched version also.Thanks.

I was confused by this one when visiting the Bullwinkle Ranch. Jean Frances Fascell was my first gut reaction. My next thought was a Nellie Halgrim in alot of sun because of the reddish-pink petioles. Nellie Halgrim's rachis also has the reddish-pink coloration on the underside of the leaf. Nellie Halgrim enjoys more shade than Mike is giving this croton and is also not very common.

The Jean Frances Fascell in Moose Land was given a going over for comparison. It does have the reddish-pink petioles as well. One thing that I also noticed on my Jean Frances Fascell was the underside of the leaf blushed red with sun exposure. I do not recall any of Bullwinkle's cultivar with that characteristic, Hmmmmm. :confused: