Croton event ??

waykoolplantz

23/06/09
I saw Jose at the Aeroid show yesterday...he asked when we were going to host another Croton event ?
I'm down...but lack the skills to plan. Maybe Bullwinkle and Native Son..Mike & Lamar, could help as they did for our last, very well attended, event.
I think Judy's air-layering demonstration was very helpful to all present...a replay may be in order.

My garden took quite a hit from Irma...but Greg, DeDe and crew have it looking great again...minus a few palms.
No Croton damage tho.

I might try a little magic and have Moose reappear

I agree! It ha s been 1 1/2 years since our last event at Ana’s! And after Irma I am in need of restocking-especially in the Keys!

I agree! It ha s been 1 1/2 years since our last event at Ana’s! And after Irma I am in need of restocking-especially in the Keys!
On your next trip south stop by here and you can take your pick! Bullwinkle is the planner I just do as I told. Anytime is good for me.

This sounds like a great idea.I will give Mike a buzz this weekend and maybe we can do a repeat of our meeting a few years ago.How does late March sound to everyone??

Jeff's sale is the first 2 weekends...Phil is no good for the 24th.
Leaving the 17th and 31st of March.
Post your preference

31st seems the leading candidate.
Would like to know if Marie Knock & Judy Glock (rhyme un-intentional) are OK with the date as no ceremony complete without the High Priestess' of Crotondom.

Yea a date is set!!!! Food needs organization, 7 plants for auction, 7 for side sales. Just starting a plan in motion if more or less is what we need just state you opinion. Starting times?
IMG_0909.JPG

Reactions: Pix
Hi all ,planning is still ongoing but looks like lunch and auction at Mike Harris in Cooper City around noon.Also a early morning stop at my house in Plantation for those who come in early.Plans will finalize by month end.For those who have not been to Mike's house are in for a special treat.As close to a botanical garden as you are likely to see in a private house :) Over 5 acres planted with rare palms, Boabab's and hundreds of varieties of crotons etc.

Hi all ,planning is still ongoing but looks like lunch and auction at Mike Harris in Cooper City around noon.Also a early morning stop at my house in Plantation for those who come in early.Plans will finalize by month end.For those who have not been to Mike's house are in for a special treat.As close to a botanical garden as you are likely to see in a private house :) Over 5 acres planted with rare palms, Boabab's and hundreds of varieties of crotons etc.
Thanks for the info. I would love to see both gardens so hopefully I will be able to get down early enough. Looks like Cooper City is fairly close to the Searle Brothers Nursery which is a fairly easy drive. I don't think I have ever been to Plantation yet. I am sure the gardens are spectacular.

Can I make a wish? I got to like my Oak Leaves : Arrowhead, Fred Sander, Geisha Girl, Irresistible, Mrs Snyder Disraeli and Thanksgiving. I wish to have more of them (Quirko, for example). More of those that I already have would be also much appreciated. Thanks:)

Karl, that might be a hard one to Id. I have looked all over I think that is the only one of those I have.

Karl, that might be a hard one to Id. I have looked all over I think that is the only one of those I have.
It has such a unique color combination. I have not seen anything like it. When it gets to a size you can easily propagate, it looks like something that would bring interest at a future auction. I would certainly bid on it. Thanks.

Did you ever get a Van Buren? I am sure I have at least one airlayer if not.
Unfortunately, 8 months ago I sold my place and bought my 'retirement' home. My garden was the major selling point so I left all behind. The fun is in the chase so I'll be in buying mode for the next few years. This WILL be my last garden :)

Unfortunately, 8 months ago I sold my place and bought my 'retirement' home. My garden was the major selling point so I left all behind. The fun is in the chase so I'll be in buying mode for the next few years. This WILL be my last garden :)
Such a DEAL I got 4 u. I am sure I can help up get started.