Just a Beautiful Palm

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
No words necessary - other than Dictyocaryum lamarckianum

IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2340.jpg

You lucky dog Dean. I don't have a prayer of being able to grow this in my neck of the woods. I have a pretty low success rate with any high altitude palm. Very, very impressive. Thank you for posting these pics.

Makes me want to try A.pupurae. Tropical gardening here is like a Weight Watchers diet. You can't have real Chocolate? SO they give you Carob bean. I cant have the above? I go with purple king palm. Queen palms for Royal and Foxtails...Howea for Coconut. All the way down the line.

Makes me want to try A.pupurae. Tropical gardening here is like a Weight Watchers diet. You can't have real Chocolate? SO they give you Carob bean. I cant have the above? I go with purple king palm. Queen palms for Royal and Foxtails...Howea for Coconut. All the way down the line.
I have seen some really nice A.pupurae. So get a few and select for the most purple. Hard to do when they are small, but just look for the ones with that hint of purple as juveniles. And I may be odd, but I will take well grown Howeas over coconut any day.

Here's a weed in Laguna in the Philippines my wife took a years ago. I use roundup on them in Hayward..

Trip to the Philippines 2010 105X.jpg