High hopes for this guy

Jerry Shilling

03/12/10
I really enjoy hybridizing. I consider this one my top prospect from last winter. Approximately 40 plants out of 600 have made it to the next level. The photos were taken from the middle of October to the present. Some of the photos are out of sequence for some reason.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 109
  • photo.JPG1.jpg
    photo.JPG1.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 84
  • photo.JPG2.jpg
    photo.JPG2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 92
  • photo.JPG3.jpg
    photo.JPG3.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 102
  • photo.JPG5.jpg
    photo.JPG5.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 97
  • photo.JPG7.jpg
    photo.JPG7.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 95
  • photo.JPG8.jpg
    photo.JPG8.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 97
  • photo.JPG9.jpg
    photo.JPG9.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 86
I really enjoy hybridizing. I consider this one my top prospect from last winter. Approximately 40 plants out of 600 have made it to the next level. The photos were taken from the middle of October to the present. Some of the photos are out of sequence for some reason.

What a beauty! When the Glocks took us to your place we saw many of your seedlings that were special.

A stunning, very colorful seedling! But refresh my memory, am I still first in line for the first cutting when it comes available? I think Glock was #4 or #5 in the waiting line. Lol!

Jerry, that plant looks unhappy down there in the keys, maybe you should bring it up to Bradenton.LOL When are you going to make it up here to my place?

This one is a bit further along...second photo is after pinching. I think it's personality has changed. In any case it looks like a pretty neat flush is on the way.

Attachments

• photo.JPGRR1.jpg
    photo.JPGRR1.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 115
  • photo.JPGRRlast.jpg
    photo.JPGRRlast.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 118
Lots of nice seedlings there Jerry. Keep up the good work. Start looking for more space, I know how hard that can be but sometimes you might let a good one get away. Hope to see you soon. Chris

I hope you guys find the hybrids interesting. I'll post the best ones and follow-up with periodic updates from time to time.

This one is growing on me. It flushes yellow but ends up a green & white. The main stem divided early on. One branch has two heads that has spotting while the other branch has three heads and blotches. Hard plant to photogragh.

Attachments

• photo.JPG5gw1.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 87
  • photo.JPG5gw2.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 79
  • photo.JPG5gw4.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw4.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 92
  • photo.JPG5gw5.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw5.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 84
  • photo.JPG5gw6.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw6.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 76
  • photo.JPG5gw7.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw7.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 91
  • photo.JPG5gw8.jpg
    photo.JPG5gw8.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 86

Actually Jerry - High Hopes wouldn't be such abad name in my opinion!:cool: