Wild Grape

putu enjula

28/09/07
This was the very first bloom I got from Wild Grape. It actually arrived at my house from HVH with this bud on it and this was the bloom...

image-2202255466.jpg

image-1580709231.jpg

Wild Grape has been doing well past few months, but blooms are often hidden in the thick bush. I have to push branches away to be able to photograph them.

GTF_2853FB.jpg IMG_4352cropFB.jpg

IMG_4314cropFB.jpg IMG_4239cropFB.jpg

IMG_3891cropFB.jpg IMG_3870cropFB.jpg

GTF_3432FB.jpg GTF_3406aFB.jpg

GTF_3236FB.jpg IMG_4371cropFB.jpg

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! :) I hope mine will look as good as yours someday. I put mine in the ground pretty quickly and it was a 4 incher of course. Guess it didn't like that.

beautiful cv! hope it gets to europe some day, Charles Black-CVs are still rather rare here. I kind of like his breeding philosophy, there's quite some garden/european varieties crossed in if I got that correctly...

I am not sure why but I just never was pleased with the two 'Born To Be Wild' and 'Allure' crosses Charles did. They never really matched the pictures and I got tired of the small return on these. I ripped them out.

beautiful cv! hope it gets to europe some day, Charles Black-CVs are still rather rare here. I kind of like his breeding philosophy, there's quite some garden/european varieties crossed in if I got that correctly...

I have almost exclusively Charles Black plants in the ground in my garden (52 so far). I am finding that most other hybridizers varieties now days focus on the flower and not on the plant. That might be great for a greenhouse or potted plant, but not when it needs to live in the ground and make it through a cool winter. Charles plants are superior in this manner. Sure I see some of these flowers other hybridizers are doing and just drool. But I know I will only get a few months out of that plant and the rest of the time the flowers are poor and the bush is suffering from die back.

I have almost exclusively Charles Black plants in the ground in my garden (52 so far). I am finding that most other hybridizers varieties now days focus on the flower and not on the plant. That might be great for a greenhouse or potted plant, but not when it needs to live in the ground and make it through a cool winter. Charles plants are superior in this manner. Sure I see some of these flowers other hybridizers are doing and just drool. But I know I will only get a few months out of that plant and the rest of the time the flowers are poor and the bush is suffering from die back.

Just wait 'til you get hold of some of the new Putu Enjula hybrids. :)