Where are the photos?

After all the leaf drop I've had this winter, I appreciate the crotons that have stayed full all the way down. Marie Nock's seedling, In the Pink, is looking good! Also, my Trinidad Interrupted Leaf is another that's fared well, as well as Geisha Girl which pretty much always looks good.
DSC_1896.jpg
DSC_1901.JPG
DSC_1904.JPG

Keith's "Imagine" has been looking real good for me for months now. I'm looking forward to planting this one this year.View attachment 35799 View attachment 35800 View attachment 35801 View attachment 35802
Tim, thanks for sharing more plant photos. "Imagine" has a great combination of leaf color and shape. Some of the leaves are really unique with the yellow around the edge of the darker colors. I always enjoy seeing something new and even more when I can see the plants in person. You must have an incredible landscape. I wish I could just go around and visit everyone's gardens. I need a special passport where I get it stamped at each stop to keep track of my croton travels and have an excuse to show up at everyone's home. So far I would have been stamped at Anna's Botanical Gardens, David's Old Oak Tree and Potted Croton Forest, Ron's Palm and Croton Collection (been waiting to see Moose reappear on the forum), Jeff's Nursery and Rainforest Extravaganza (where I was so focused on getting crotons my first time that I did not take time to really enjoy his displays, but will try to take in the entire experience when I stop by next Saturday), and the spot where the addiction began Marie's Magical World of Crotons/Ree Gardens (hoping to visit there again very soon). Can't wait for new croton travel experiences in the coming months and years, but for now I am happy to live them out with photos of all these great plants. Still working toward getting my gardens ready for a potential visit in the not so distant future and maybe a possible auction location.

I'm thinking this is one of Ana's plants that I got at an auction. Not sure which one. Nice looking Claude Lorraine.View attachment 35864 View attachment 35865 View attachment 35866

Wow, Tim, I do have a very nice clone of Claude Lorraine that I obtained from Jesse Durko many years ago, but you have maximized on its potential! It was this clone that got me started looking for other crotons and then ran across this forum for the first time! You have grown it beautifully! Thanks for sharing it.

Wow, Tim, I do have a very nice clone of Claude Lorraine that I obtained from Jesse Durko many years ago, but you have maximized on its potential! It was this clone that got me started looking for other crotons and then ran across this forum for the first time! You have grown it beautifully! Thanks for sharing it.
Anna, I'm now thinking I got it at the auction/tour at Phil Stager's. I know for sure it was your plant. A fair amount of crotons that I get at auctions end up in gardens down here in Key West and the Lower Keys-once I'm ready to let go of them that is!

Here is a small Don Quixote that I got at another tour/auction. I know that it was Lamar's plant. Looks a lot different than the WIKI pics right now.View attachment 35867 View attachment 35868 View attachment 35869
Now I know I really need to visit Lamar in the near future as Don Quixote has just entered my wishlist near the top. I have not even finished planting the great assortment of crotons I got from Marie and now I am ready for more. Looks like I need to tear up some more lawn and start saving up to buy more crotons.

Tim I don't know what's going on with that thing, it is going off the chart with that color.
image.jpg
this is the plant I took the airlayer from. Nell just got in her car heading south, she will have that back tonight with her plant in tow.

Unfortunately, they do not sell their crotons. They are utilized for their landscape installations only. I needed to get some native trees and shrubs (Pimenta racemosa, Myrcianthes fragrans, Eugenia foetida, and Psychotria nervosa), and I can usually find what I am looking for at this particular nursery. The service is always very good too. It's always fun to see what they have growing on there.
Wow, wow, wow! Breathtaking! Thanks for posting, Tim. What did you get?

Tim, thanks for sharing more plant photos. "Imagine" has a great combination of leaf color and shape. Some of the leaves are really unique with the yellow around the edge of the darker colors. I always enjoy seeing something new and even more when I can see the plants in person. You must have an incredible landscape. I wish I could just go around and visit everyone's gardens. I need a special passport where I get it stamped at each stop to keep track of my croton travels and have an excuse to show up at everyone's home. So far I would have been stamped at Anna's Botanical Gardens, David's Old Oak Tree and Potted Croton Forest, Ron's Palm and Croton Collection (been waiting to see Moose reappear on the forum), Jeff's Nursery and Rainforest Extravaganza (where I was so focused on getting crotons my first time that I did not take time to really enjoy his displays, but will try to take in the entire experience when I stop by next Saturday), and the spot where the addiction began Marie's Magical World of Crotons/Ree Gardens (hoping to visit there again very soon). Can't wait for new croton travel experiences in the coming months and years, but for now I am happy to live them out with photos of all these great plants. Still working toward getting my gardens ready for a potential visit in the not so distant future and maybe a possible auction location.

Karl, You need to come see me. I have over 200 potted crotons & need to thin them out, as I'm moving & probably won't have the room. I have some really rare's also!

Karl, You need to come see me. I have over 200 potted crotons & need to thin them out, as I'm moving & probably won't have the room. I have some really rare's also!
I would love to come visit. The weekends are my best time to get away until I finish up the school year. I try to find places to take my mom so she has a chance to get out and do some traveling. I am sure we could find a weekend when I could stop down to visit and get some crotons. I can never have too many. It has been a while since I have been down to Boca Raton, so would make a great little day trip.

I would love to come visit. The weekends are my best time to get away until I finish up the school year. I try to find places to take my mom so she has a chance to get out and do some traveling. I am sure we could find a weekend when I could stop down to visit and get some crotons. I can never have too many. It has been a while since I have been down to Boca Raton, so would make a great little day trip.

Ricky's less than a mile from me & he has some also. I have a bunch of air layers to pot up also. Anytime in the afternoon is fine!

Here is a small Don Quixote that I got at another tour/auction. I know that it was Lamar's plant. Looks a lot different than the WIKI pics right now.View attachment 35867 View attachment 35868 View attachment 35869
Same plant almost a year later
Same plant almost one year later
20180213_162902.jpg
20180213_162838.jpg
20180213_162848.jpg

Attachments

• 20180213_162911_Burst01.jpg
    20180213_162911_Burst01.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 189
  • 20180213_163005.jpg
    20180213_163005.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 192
Hi Tim,that does not look like Don Quixote to me.Don has very big leaves and is glacially slow??I will post a pic of mine later.Don puts out 2 maybe 3 leaves annually.

Mike, I agree with you. It does not look like Don Quixote. It is however, rather slow in its growth. Not anywhere near as painfully slow as the Bob Sabourne hybrid is, but slow nonetheless. Ironically, it didn't skip a beat even after being through Irma. IMO, it is a beautiful croton. Do you think Lamar would remember his source?

IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
I only forget most things, Mike his plant came from he same one yours came from. I got them from Johnnie S. Years ago. The Northwest plant is a better grower the the Northeast plant. It gets a little better water and more sun. I have no idea why it went off color, as you can see on Tim's plant the early leaves have some of the standard color patterns. I made an assumption Mike you are talking about the plant I gave you? Another question what is this
IMG_0992.JPG
v

Don Quixote leaves are large and color is good but I cannot recommend this plant as it is too slow.The plant above is 2 years planted in my garden and was in Lamars garden in the ground at least 3 years also.It is around 18 ins tall