Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society Show

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
The Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society Show is coming up. It is held at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden. Many superior crotons were displayed at the Show last year. Many members (and lurkers) of this forum are also members of this Society. I anticipate an exceptional display of rare and unusual cultivars will be found again this year.

If you have a croton in a container that is lookin good, I would suggest giving it some TLC and enter it in the show. Plants are judged and ribbons awarded for outstanding plants. The judges are not looking for the rarest cultivars either, they look for well grown plants with vibrant colors.

Members of the Society may also sell plants in the members booth. Many croton cultivars were offered last year. There are vendors with a wide selection of cultivars for purchase. Croton fanciers usually love many other types of plants - there are a vast array of unusual plants prominently displayed in the Show and available to take home. Something for everyone waiting to "catch the eye".

This was a very well attended Show last year - the best in several years. I have never encountered a more friendly group of plant lovers. Plan on attending this event - you will not be disappointed. :D