Freezing Floridians - Scott, How Are You Doing???

Sometimes it seems something taps us on the shoulder in order to remind us that we can't take things for granted. I'm sure all you Floridians are taking the new warm weather with a little more appreciation than last year.

This Coconut is a real trooper...:cool: minor spotting only.

It gave a good fight to the cold and I was pleased. But as the warm weather returned the palm went into a unstoppable decline in the last few weeks. I removed the dead remains yesterday.

I have noticed, much to my chagrin, that palms can exhibit the longest slowest most agonizing death.

I've had palms that seem to decline for 3, 4, 5 years before they finally die. Or that hang on for a couple of years after the spear has pulled, just allowing you enough hope of a come back, and then cark. (that's Aussie speak)

These days, if things look to be getting slowly worse, and I can get a replacement, I'll just throw in the towel early. In fact, I'm doing that today for one I posted about earlier. I'll post an update.

This palm has braved the cold for 9 years but I can add Aiphanes aculeata to the did not make it list now.

Attachments

• STB_1783.jpg
    STB_1783.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 223
  • STC_1784.jpg
    STC_1784.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 248