Don't Miss More Palm Discussions HERE

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
Don't miss the other ongoing palm discussions in the Wiki Article Discussion area. This area is finally becoming more utilized as intended.
WIKI ARTICLE PALM DISCUSSIONS There is also a link on the main menu.

It's great to see this area picking up steam with some discussions. This is how this site was designed - to be able to have discussions and add knowledge about a particular species or topic and have it all readily available in one easily referenced location.

Each of these discussion are tied to a main "Species Page" (or Palmpedia Article) in the Encyclopedia (Wiki) for each palm or article), which will eventually include Hi-Res photos with organized and up to date species info - palm by palm. Remember, anyone is welcome and able to contribute.

Dean, you know I can always be counted on to blather on and on about palms. But this has actually prompted me to start adding cultural notes and pictures based on my experience with the plants I'm growing and working with.
So, I am looking forward to this dynamic of palmpedia expanding as well!

It took some time and doing to merge the potential of a wiki with the convenience of a forum. My thinking was that the discussions about a particular palm or article would stay in one easily found area, and that important info gleaned from any such discussion could be easily ported over to the "main" reference page.

Hopefully, as more people realize the benefits of this type of arrangement, it will attract more participation. If more people began contributing pics and info, the Encyclopedia could grow quickly. But it's good to see it being used, if even a little.