Croton ID?

Kostas

17/03/09
Hello!

I would like your help in IDing the species and variety of a croton i bought locally a few days ago. Here are a few photos of it:

If any other detail would help in IDing it,please let me know!

I would also like to ask you what could have made many of its leafs to be distorted like they are? And under what conditions will it make nice leafs like the big and glossy lower one with the many colors on it?
How tall and big can crotons like this one get if grown in tree form?

Thank you very much in advance!

Thank you very much Moose!:) Great to know! How can these be told apart? How tall can they grow if left unpruned?

Why are many of the leafs on my plant stunted like and not like the nice big one shown at the lower part of the last photo? How should i grow it for it to produce beautiful leafs like that one?(more sun/shade,more/less water,just wait for better establishment?)

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Partial shade or morning light. Humidity is good, dry winds are bad. The smaller leaves should get bigger unless growing conditions are poor.

Thank you very much for the advise! :)

How tall can crotons grow? Can they grow to be small tree,like 4-5m height and 2 width?
How much cold can the variety i have take without damage? What are some other relatively similar looking varieties,maybe more spectacularly colored,that are cold hardy and grow big?

Thank you very much in advance! :)