Contributing to the Wiki

Axel

13/06/13
Are there specific guidelines as to how to contribute to the Wiki? I would love to help to build out some of the sections on PalmPedia. Especially also in adding some cultivation information relevant to Northern California.

I am really liking this platform compared to PalmTalk. Especially the activity stream on my profile, it's awesome.

The wiki is a bit hard to understand at first. But knowing you, you would find it a lot of fun. It is the same platform that Wikipedia uses. But first you have to register for it. I have to be really careful of who I admit, because everyone has tremendous power to do almost anything they want. Register and start playing around. Shoot me a few questions, and you will have it in no time since you are already IT capable.

Check the Source Code or Edit Tab once you register to see how a page is created. The main concept with photos, as it differs from a forum is that you do not upload to a location. You just upload, and then you can place the code for that pic anywhere you want, or even multiple locations, and in any form you want by varying the parameters. Don't worry, you can't screw anything up. I can always revert anything back to a previous version - they are all saved.

I went ahead and registered for the Wiki. The wiki markup is not an issue for me, I use it at Mozilla all the time. At work everything is Wiki based.