A very big thank you

Palmmermaid

26/08/08
To Jeff Marcus and Dean Ouer from the Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society:

We viewed the first part of the Madagascar presentation last night as our program. It was a tremendous hit! The second part will be next month's program. Thanks to Jeff for sharing his trip and to Dean for all the work he did in creating the presentation and putting it on the web where we could view it. You both did a great job and we can't wait to see the second part next month.

Kitty and the entire PBPCS membership

Kitty,

I'm pleased that you guys were able to view and enjoyed the presentation. I think I can speak for Jeff as well. I might add that Jeff and I are planning a similar presentation of his garden containing some of the largest rare palms in the world. This audio slideshow will be in 5 parts, and I think everyone who has never seen Jeff's "Noah's Arc" of rare palms will be amazed. The information Jeff will provide as we "walk" through the garden will be valuable.

I would also like to make sure everyone is aware of a similar presentation on Palm Diseases and Pests by a Ph.D. in plant pathology. HERE This was the feature presentation at the latest Hawaii Island Palm Society, and is also available as an audio/video presentation for any societies that would like to show it. At the very least, any grower should view the information presented in it.

Dean,

I will defintely include the link to the diseases presentation to everyone. You have some really great presentations on the Wiki site. More people should view them. I think I will include a blurb about them in our next newsletter.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ditto What Kitty said. Thanks Dean and Jeff, it was cool being able to watch the slide show in SoFla. It was kinda funny, when Jeff asked if there were any questions, about a dozen hands went up in the crowd followed by a good deep laughing. :)

I have a new want list because of this slideshow. Even April saw a couple palms she "wouldn't mind having".