A Few from Here

Marie Nock

04/07/09
Beautiful day and a colorful time of year brings you a few from our garden.

A couple of our seedlings: In the Pink and Peaches and Cream

DSC_0475.jpg DSC_0470.jpg

Here's Col. Bob Bullock with seeds coming. The pollen was from an unnamed plant from Tim Anderson, also pictured.

DSC_0469.jpgDSC_0473.jpg

An unnamed/un-numbered Davis Hybrid from Chris Mayhew. After years of trying, I finally learned how to grow it.

DSC_0480.jpg

Things are really looking good there. I especially like the potential of your Bob Bullock cross.

Marie, what amazing plants! The seedlings are beautiful. I also absolutely love the unnamed plant from Tim. Is that the one that for a while was suggested as Pink Passion? I have other questions. The Trinidad Interrupted Leaf- is that its official name? Is C & B the real name for that plant and is that what I should put it under in the wiki? That sport reminds me a lot of Bimbo? Does it you? Thanks so much for posting these. And thanks to Steve for taking the photos!:D

Jeff, Ron, Scott and Chris - thanks for the comments.

Jeff, the interesting thing about the sport is that it's from the top, not a new branch off the side.

Chris, I've watched you brush the pollen across your arm to be sure that it's ready so that's what I did before using it.

Ana, The croton with the interrupted leaf from Trinidad has no name that I'm aware of but it's so beautiful I think there must be a name somewhere. Same thing with the one from Tim Anderson. That's the one that those of us that have it think it should be called Tim Anderson if a name doesn't surface. According to Chris Mayhew, Coppinger's nephew, C & B is an abbreviation for a name that cannot be said in polite company. I think C & B is fine for the wiki.

I wish we had a "Gallery of Unknowns" in the wiki to picture those that must have been named in the past. If they could be pictured, maybe the "experts" would take a look if it wouldn't use so much of their time.

Ray has mentioned that C & B looks like Yellow Sybill Griffin and they sure look similar to me.

Jeff, Ron, Scott and Chris - thanks for the comments.

Jeff, the interesting thing about the sport is that it's from the top, not a new branch off the side.

Chris, I've watched you brush the pollen across your arm to be sure that it's ready so that's what I did before using it.

Ana, The croton with the interrupted leaf from Trinidad has no name that I'm aware of but it's so beautiful I think there must be a name somewhere. Same thing with the one from Tim Anderson. That's the one that those of us that have it think it should be called Tim Anderson if a name doesn't surface. According to Chris Mayhew, Coppinger's nephew, C & B is an abbreviation for a name that cannot be said in polite company. I think C & B is fine for the wiki.

I wish we had a "Gallery of Unknowns" in the wiki to picture those that must have been named in the past. If they could be pictured, maybe the "experts" would take a look if it wouldn't use so much of their time.

That Davis Hybrid is to die for too. So many beautiful plants.

Marie, could you get Steve to photograph the C&B from above or in a way to see the characteristics better? Maybe when the sun isn't hitting it too. Same with the Peaches and Cream. Really would love to see more of the characteristics and color. Thanks.:)