Sport getting better with age.

Central Floridave

16/07/09
This is the mother plant. It is not typically all green and is a well known variety (which escapes me at the moment) (I'm horrible with names).

c102.jpg

Here is the sport I air-layered off the above croton. Its been in the ground a couple years and seems to be getting pretty good. Much different though, which I guess is good and what is expected.

Attachments

• c101.jpg
    c101.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 117
I think it is amazing also. When I first discovered the sport, I immediately thought it was from another plant as of course, I have them all grown closed in.

You know how many times I had to double check to make sure it was on the same stem as the ovalifolium? I'm a little bit of an air head, so I kept looking over and over again!!!

I air layered it off the ovalifolium. I know that much! Thanks for the name. That one is easy to remember since the leaf shape is oval.

I keep expecting the sport to revert back to oval leaf but it hasn't done that yet. Maybe when it starts to branch it will. I have taken sports before where they revert back to the mother plant after a year or two.

Yes, I'll start one for you. Hopefully it branches out by the spring. Do you know a good way to force the croton to branch out?