Inflorescences

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
First pic is of the leafing inflorescence on a sport from Yellow Excurrens. The first pic was several months ago. From some strange reasons, it keeps putting out new leaves.

The next two pics are of some branched inflorescences on a Christians Landscape. First time I've seen branched inforescences on a croton and not too sure what it's worth or if of any significance. But here they are.

Now does anyone have a great pic of croton Christmas for tomorrow 12/25?

For those in a real bah humbug mood, just recall the Christmas freeze of 1989,
Thank you Dean for hosting us and Merry Christmas to all.

Attachments

• DSCN2361.jpg
    DSCN2361.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN2366.jpg
    DSCN2366.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN2362.jpg
    DSCN2362.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 141
Good point Phil, the 20th anniversary of that bull---t is thankfully unceremoniously upon us. I like the trend the last 20 years much better.

As to your photos, that's genetic instability at its best. Let's call that inflourescence croton Frankenstein once you pot it up LOL.

Phil,

I aree with Ray in regards to the flower, and I can't say I've ever noticed it before. I'll have to start paying more attention.

And in regards to the 89 freeze, that was one terrible couple of days. I don't expect to see that again in my lifetime. I can't believe it's been 20 years now.

I'd like to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year. I also look forward to some croton tours in 2010.

Phil,

Hosting you guys is a pleasure. And Merry Christmas to all of you.

'89 was when I first started gardening with the more "tropical" palms. I should have quit, because I lost most all of what I had just planted late that year (like a dummy). California got hit really hard as well.

I'm sure you don't want to hear it but........................:) I was feeling really cold last night when I went out for some firewood. A glance at the thermometer showed a brisk 56º - the coldest it's been in a long time. I sure don't miss California winters.

All I want for Christmas is...

1. We used this for a Christmas card.
2. A croton Christmas tree (air layer from Gen. McArthur on the card)
3. I used this elf's gold box to hide my wife's engagement ring (she had no idea it was there all along).

Merry Christmas to all.

Attachments

• christmas_card.jpg
    christmas_card.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 176
  • christmas_croton.JPG
    christmas_croton.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 172
  • elf_croton.JPG
    elf_croton.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 170