Brahea berlandieri

I picked up a strap leafed berlandieri at the NorCal meeting last week, grown from seed by Patric Shafer....looking forward to watching it grow.

Repotted it into a 3 gallon pot from its liner.

It appears that this name is a synonym of Brahea dulcis......whatever that means. With at least 3 varities, there appears that someday there may be some movement here. I'll continue with berlandieri until it is big enough to deal with.....besides, I like the name Silver Rock Palm!:D

Looking at the Kew list, berlandieri has been dissolved into armata. The name, as it was applied for the photo by me came from the Fairchild collection. They are good with keeping current but they have a bit of synonymy as well. I will note this in the page for berlandieri.

I was looking at the Kew list that is connected to Palmpedia. All I saw was the synonym to B. dulcis...what am I missing?

John, You're right it is under dulcis. I was using the check list wrong as it displays the whole genus. I, in my dyslexic wonder read the list as having a different order other than alphebetical (duh). If I was more left brain dominant, I might get these things a little easier. Sorry for the confusion.