You Tell Me

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
When do you give up and throw in the towel and send the Croton to the compost pile. I am on a stay at home vacation this week and hope to catch up on the garden if weather allows. Yesterday a dozen or so Crotons that are common and I had planted to many went to my neighbor. But I have a few that just look ready for compost. Here is C.I. Craigin, growing in filtered sun...
IMG_2359.jpg

Gloriosa and Charles Rutherford, growing in very filtered sun...
IMG_2364.jpgIMG_2363.jpg

Scott - my C.I. Craigin is planted in some very heavy sun exposure. Half the plant is shaded by another croton and that half has some ok coloring. The part getting strong sun looks great. If you can keep it hydrated, I would say that C.I. Craigin will take full sun.

Thanks! I dug them and placed in pots. I will place the pots in full sun in a week or so. If they show no improvement by next year they are trash.

Scott - Here is the "back half" of the same plant that is getting shaded by other crotons.

I got this plant from a church as an air layer. It had alot of green just like this photo. Sun should color up your C.I. Craigin.

Attachments

• CI 3.JPG
    CI 3.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 125