Yesterday

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Yesterday was the 21st anniversary of Hurricane Andrew. Think of all the specimen crotons that were lost in South Dade. Prima Facie evidence that we need to disburse all the cultivars around the State, less they be gone forever! Just something I've been contiplating. :)

We gotta keep the trading going! The auctions have helped immensely getting plants distributed.

Now that there's no society, the auctions have peaked to a level of excitement never seen before. Especially the selection of rare plants being brought, now that the grower reaps all the money. It's been great. Trading on the other hand can be a challenge sometimes......

Well said Jeff,the auctions have brought out some plants we would not have seen before.It is great to be able to have so many nice plants available to new collectors like myself.Trading is tough for newer collectors as they normally do not have many exotic plants to trade....

Now that there's no society, the auctions have peaked to a level of excitement never seen before. Especially the selection of rare plants being brought, now that the grower reaps all the money. It's been great. Trading on the other hand can be a challenge sometimes......

As noted trading is great if you have group in your geographical areas. It's bit lighter over here in Pinellas/Hillsborough but it does go on. The auctions are a great way to unload surplus material. I hate trimming a croton and trashing the cutting even for the common stuff. However, if I did not air layer a lot, the plants would be roof height or the trash can would be full of trimmings. And let's not forget that it is fun giving stuff away to new collectors. John Bender was very generous in giving stuff away.