Is this Yellow Mammay?

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 203
Thanks Ricky, I found this one at HD today. Ricky is there a story with you using "fawnridge"? I get a laugh every time because that is the name of my neighborhood.

When we lived in New Jersey, we lived on Fawn Ridge Road and the name of my software company and its product was (and still is) Compass Software. Moving to Florida, we found out that there was already a Compass Software incorporated in the state. So we had to come up with another name. I decided to incorporate as The Fawnridge Group and took the handle "fawnridge" for just about every website that I participate in. Coincidentally, when I was a child, I went to Fawn Ridge Day Camp, so the name has stayed with me all these years.

I will be planting a few Crotons this weekend and need some info. I want to plant the following in one area, but need to know who needs to be in the front. As far as growth rates and mature sizes. From what I know I would say Yellow Mammay and Yellow Excurrens in back with Yellow Banana to the front. Yes? No?

Well, you could do that, but I have a colony of "Yellow Banana" that's over 5' tall, six feet in a few places. It really doesn't matter as you can trim them to be whatever height you want. The "Yellow Mammay" in my garden is the shortest and slowest growing of the three you mentioned, though. But since it and the "Yellow Excurrens" are almost identical, I would put something else there - different color or different leaf shape.

I have started planting and took the advice and mixed the plants for contrast. Here is a peek of what has happened so far. I still have a lot of work to do in this area.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 216