Yellow and Green Oakleaf

Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
:confused:Mrs. Fred Sanders/Earl of Derby I gave four or five of these away this past weekend just hoping for an I.D.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 128
Lamar - Fred Sanders/Earl of Derby usually has a solid yellow blotch on it. No speckles. I've seen huge old Fred Sanders that lost its coloring. Your yellow variegation looks too busy to be a Fred Sanders IMO. It is a nice looking croton however. Would not be the first time I was wrong ... :confused:

That's a not-so-good Mrs. Fred Sanders clone for sure. It's not worthy of being thrown out but maybe cut it back to try and allow the proper blotching to develop.

Can somebody explain to me what a Mrs Fred Sanders is suppose to look like? Never heard of this one. I know what Fred Sanders is, and this plant pictured above IS NOT IT. No picture of a MRS FS in the Wiki. To me, this plant is just some unknown, unnamed seedling.

Jeff,

We call it Fred Sanders but the plant is named after a woman, Mrs. Fred Sanders. Per Dr. Brown's first book, it's Mrs. Fred Sanders not just Fred Sanders. Somewhere along the way, we (me included) dropped the Mrs. part.

Bad clones like the one I had, show lots of spotting like Lamar's plant. I had a specimen with one spectacular branch and the rest was mostly green with sporadic spots. Every so often, it would throw up some pathetic clustered spotting that didn't quite qualify as a splotch. I recognized it as soon as Lamar put up the photo.

I suppose it's different enough where it could be named something like Mrs. Ned or Mrs. Ted Sanders:p

OK, that's what I kind of thought. So as far as Lamar's plant goes, it's not anything pretty as far as what a Fred Sanders should look like. But in time, that plant could turn into something decent with all the spots. COULD.......

Jeff,

We call it Fred Sanders but the plant is named after a woman, Mrs. Fred Sanders. Per Dr. Brown's first book, it's Mrs. Fred Sanders not just Fred Sanders. Somewhere along the way, we (me included) dropped the Mrs. part.

Bad clones like the one I had, show lots of spotting like Lamar's plant. I had a specimen with one spectacular branch and the rest was mostly green with sporadic spots. Every so often, it would throw up some pathetic clustered spotting that didn't quite qualify as a splotch. I recognized it as soon as Lamar put up the photo.

I suppose it's different enough where it could be named something like Mrs. Ned or Mrs. Ted Sanders:p

... or the Colonel LOL ;)