Worth rooting?

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Is this peach color sport worth rooting?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 191
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 180
On another thread they said a yellow sport would not survive. If it were on my plant I would leave it and see what happens. I may send more leaves with some green. If you seperate it from the mother plant now, it may not survive.

I am a newbie so what do I know :confused:

Ron.

I'm not very good with airlayers, so I only use my mistbed for cuttings. Also, as I recall, you need at least 1/4" in diameter, 1/2" is much better, for airlayers. Then you have to consider that the nights are getting cooler. Nah, just cut it and stick it in some potting mix under mist if you have a mistbed, otherwise, keep watering it - don't let the mix dry out.

I would try it. What do you have to lose?

It's not really yellow. And I've seen an occasional all yellow plant survive, anyway. All white is a totally different story. And as someone said, it could very well morph out some other colors.

I would try it. What do you have to lose?

It's not really yellow. And I've seen an occasional all yellow plant survive, anyway. All white is a totally different story. And as someone said, it could very well morph out some other colors.

With any new growth, usually the leaves will change and develope their colors that are apparant on the lower, older leaves. Either way, if you leave it or cut it, you'll find out sooner or later.

Jeff

I will try to airlayer this sport. I have nothing to lose as Dean stated.