Wiki photos 2014

annafl

Esteemed Member
Starting anew, at Ron's suggestion. The last thread was getting too long.:D

Today's entries:

Blotched Wooten's Beauty-Lamar Sapp
Pitcarin-Lamar Sapp
Johannis/Angustissimum-Robertico Heredia-Thanks for all the great info, Robertico!:cool:
Twist and Point-David King
Yellow Mammie-David King
Maculatum Katoni-David King
Suzi Silverado-Randy Weisner
Wilma-Randy Weisner
White Ann Rutherford/Island Breeze-Randy Weisner
Caribbean Star-Randy Weisner
Pop's Yard-Randy Weisner
Sunrise-Randy Weisner
Norwood Beauty-Randy Weisner

1st pic. Lt. Padgett (asking for a promotion) leaves are 12"X6.5, 2nd and 3rd pic. WHITE CHARLES RUTHERFORD I have posted several times, I finally had I visitor was very confident in this ID.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 147
Hi Lamar!

Next time I do Wiki I will definitely trade out the Lt. Paget. If anyone thinks their present plant has grown, obtained better coloring, etc., I'm always happy to trade it out in the wiki, no problem.

Lamar, I have never seen or even heard of White Charles Rutherford. If anyone can confirm this for us, I will be glad to put it in the wiki, but I'd have to start a new entry, there are no others for comparison. Can anyone help us out?:D

Kurt if you see this, I think when you had that property over by the boat yards this is one of six rooted cuttings I got from you. It came from you or John at that time. New photo just to show the size of the plant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 174
Hi Lamar!

Next time I do Wiki I will definitely trade out the Lt. Paget. If anyone thinks their present plant has grown, obtained better coloring, etc., I'm always happy to trade it out in the wiki, no problem.

Lamar, I have never seen or even heard of White Charles Rutherford. If anyone can confirm this for us, I will be glad to put it in the wiki, but I'd have to start a new entry, there are no others for comparison. Can anyone help us out?:D

Anna I meant no disrespect, what you have done with the WIKI is twenty miles north of perfect. That ask for a promotion was an attempt at humor. WCR is very rare I guess and whatever happens with it is fine. Best wishes and hope to see you guys tomorrow.

The charles rutherford i had came from bender, the white was a sport on one of the plants in the nursery. Everything sports yellow/white sooner or later. I gave a white CR back to bender, so he also had it.

Anna, Here is South Pacific with rule for scale for this really small narrow leaf Croton.
IMG_4342.jpgIMG_4345.jpgIMG_4349.jpg

Anna, This has to be the smallest leaf Croton that I have seen. It looks to be a much smaller leaf version of Punctatum. Marie said South Pacific, maybe others will chime in. This plant did really well for a small leaf, having no leaf drop this winter.
IMG_4402.jpgIMG_4405.jpg

Here's Imelda Marcos aka Lemon Top for the wiki. It's a shame it wasn't putting on a flush of new growth so we could see the yellow flush as well. This plant is part of the collection at Waimea Falls and was IDed by Frank Brown.

DSC_0626.jpgDSC_0627.jpg

Ana, here's another one for the wiki Davis 17. It's at Waimea Falls and I think growing in too much sun based on the color and size of the leaves that were buried lower in the plant.

DSC_0623.jpgDSC_0624.jpgDSC_0625.jpg

Connecticut
starting 2 take off after 2 years

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 167
Here's Imelda Marcos aka Lemon Top for the wiki. It's a shame it wasn't putting on a flush of new growth so we could see the yellow flush as well. This plant is part of the collection at Waimea Falls and was IDed by Frank Brown.

View attachment 24766View attachment 24767

Marie I got this 4-5 yrs ago this 1st pic is what I was given as yellow top the net 2 are air layers frpm the same plant.
the last photos are full shade during the winter.
is this correct or not ?
thanks. for any help

Attachments

• yellow2.jpg
    yellow2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 165
Marie I got this 4-5 yrs ago this 1st pic is what I was given as yellow top the net 2 are air layers frpm the same plant.
the last photos are full shade during the winter.
is this correct or not ?
thanks. for any help

Andy, I don't know if Lemon Top and Yellow Top are the same. When my plants get larger, let's compare them.

Andy

Your plant looks like Yellow Petra and the Connecticut looks like a Stewartii.

Marie,

How much light is Imelda Marcos getting? When I was there last, it was in lots of shade. Did you see a plant labeled Noblis Major also at WF park?

Marie,

How much light is Imelda Marcos getting? When I was there last, it was in lots of shade. Did you see a plant labeled Noblis Major also at WF park?

Ray, the Imelda Marcos is in the same place - the hedge row near the office. Sorry, I didn't know to look for Noblis Major when we were there, we were looking mostly at aroids. I'll look for it next year.

Delaware the second char. from page 46 Dr. Brown's book. You can see the rose pet. forming at the base of the leaves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 156
:confused:
Delaware the second char. from page 46 Dr. Brown's book. You can see the rose pet. forming at the base of the leaves.

I bumped this to see if anyone has the more colorful version. There is no picture in the wiki of this variety. The only one I have seen is in the book.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 150
:confused:

I bumped this to see if anyone has the more colorful version. There is no picture in the wiki of this variety. The only one I have seen is in the book.

Lamar, mine looks like yours. Years ago I saw really good Delawares at the Edison Estate. I wonder if anyone on the West Coast got some when they were removed?

these photo reportedly show a White Charles Rutherfor and a Lt. Paget (notice the scalloped leaves). If these ID's are not correct, please, let me know

Attachments

• white RutherfordA.jpg
    white RutherfordA.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Lt Paget.jpg
    Lt Paget.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 144
Perry, the plant with the scalloped edge is general lawrence. The scalloping is diagnostic on that one. Page 75 of the book is a bad one (publishing mixup). General lawrence is actually the bottom lefthand picture.

Perry, the left hand photo is what Lee used to call Island Breeze (Bradenton Mystery). Bob A. identified it as White Anne Rutherford.

Marie, I acquired a nice Delaware at a Croton Society meeting years ago. In my records, I have Edison Estate in parenthesis next to the name.

Starting anew, at Ron's suggestion. The last thread was getting too long.:D

Today's entries:

Blotched Wooten's Beauty-Lamar Sapp
Pitcarin-Lamar Sapp
Johannis/Angustissimum-Robertico Heredia-Thanks for all the great info, Robertico!:cool:
Twist and Point-David King
Yellow Mammie-David King
Maculatum Katoni-David King
Suzi Silverado-Randy Weisner
Wilma-Randy Weisner
White Ann Rutherford/Island Breeze-Randy Weisner
Caribbean Star-Randy Weisner
Pop's Yard-Randy Weisner
Sunrise-Randy Weisner
Norwood Beauty-Randy Weisner

Looks great Anna, it dawned on me after I suggested an entire page format, that there was no need for all of that text, what your doing is much more suitable, but perhaps you would like to try a photo gallery? I set up CARIBBEAN STAR for you if you prefer the other method, without the image gallery, I can change it at the click of a mouse, let me know, Ed

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/CARIBBEAN_STAR

Looks very nice and professional, Edric. Thanks for the demo.

Now what do you think, people? Let's hear some opinions!
Thanks Anna, if you want to make it so there's 3 photos in a row, or even four, on the first line in the edit page (below) you can change 2 per row to 3 or 4, but you must also change the pix size, (make it smaller), edric.

<center><gallery caption="IMAGE GALLERY" perrow="2" widths="450px" heights="450px">

Looks great to me, if it is not anymore difficult I vote for that style. I will post some for you later when the sun gets a little lower.

Looks great to me, if it is not anymore difficult I vote for that style. I will post some for you later when the sun gets a little lower.

Check the page now, I raised the image size from 450 to 500, much better, and an image gallery is half as much typing for Anna, Ed

Lady Bird Johnson, this is named in Dr. Brown book with the wrong picture. Page# 79. Leaves are 12 to 13 inches long 5 to 6 inches wide. The pen is for reference. As you can see it changes form as it matures, heavy veins that can color up and flush out the leaf. The large plant 12/14 years old the two smaller ones air layers in ground 2/3 years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 156
Butter Cup. I am sure Ray can support this I.D.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 166