White Wedding

fawnridge

04/07/09
Unidentified Croton in my garden from a David McLean cutting. The original plant was lost but David has one other from cuttings. Unless there's a valid name, please add to the wiki as "White Wedding" - Billy Idol rocks!

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 170
Ricky,

This really looks like nothing more than a Purity. My question for you is, the white new leaves, is this something that "just happened" or are the new leaves always this white when the flush comes out? Thanks.

Jeff

Purity???? not to second guess the Croton God, but i dont know, the leafe shape doesnt really fit, and the color, wow, solid white like that? I mean, your the purity expert as you grow whole fields of them, but i dont think its purity!

Purity???? not to second guess the Croton God, but i dont know, the leafe shape doesnt really fit, and the color, wow, solid white like that? I mean, your the purity expert as you grow whole fields of them, but i dont think its purity!

Rob,

Are you kidding? The leaves match up pretty good with the book pictures, not to mention the plant in the ground here. I did question the white new leaves, I'm waiting to hear back from Ricky on if this was a one time deal, or if the new growth always comes out this white.

The new growth on all 4 heads is coming out white. This is NOT Purity. I remember speaking with David McLean about it and he couldn't remember where it came from, but the one in his garden is also mostly white with some green splotches.