Where can I purchase croton cuttings?

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
Any one know where I can purchase some cuttings or small plants? I've lost so many but am jonesin' to get back into the game.

I picked up a few around town but have pretty much exhausted the nurseries around these parts. Most just carry the standards. Any help is appreciated.

Bren

your best bet is to hit up your croton acquaintances for cuttings from plants that did not get fried. About 5-10% of my plants died, another 30% defoliated totally, another 25% partially defoliated, and the rest look pretty good and now have air layers on them. I do know one S. florida nursery that sells cutting at $5 each, but contact me off list (and no it is not Jeff Searle. He sells big plants).

Bren - Where do you live? I'm in Boca Raton and can give you all sorts of cuttings. I have a bunch of plants that are coming out of the mistbed, as well. No charge for any of this.

Ricky,

Thanks so much for your kind offer. I'm in St. Pete unfortunately unless you let me send you postage?

Ray,
You're awesome! I guess you fared better than me with that great oak canopy of yours.
I totally do not mind paying for any of this. There are just no resources around this area and it's frustrating. I don't even see them offered on ebay!