Walk to the front door

fawnridge

04/07/09
IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

Mike, I'm going to airlayer all the long stuff on that Ram's Horn in the spring. It's blocking the window. Probably going to reduce the plant by half.

That Ram's Horn looks like a sculpture!!! Don't cut it, Ricky! That's what makes it so special! Do you really need to look out that window anyway? It is just remarkable.:GardenLove I also love the Van Buren. Gotta love them this time of year with the yellows and pinks together. Yours is beautiful.

Anna - it's just another plant. I'll pot up all the airlayers and sell them at some Croton gathering in the future. I've already promised the best of the batch to Randy for his new garden. I cut off two large pieces that were blocking the hanging pot and threw them in the trash a couple of weeks ago.

It is just another plant expressing its beautiful, natural form and habit of growing. It's nature's sculpture. Lovely. Mine is pitiful, and this cultivar is a major wimp as far as cold goes. Dropping leaves in the low 40's:eek:.

That Ram's Horn looks like a sculpture!!! Don't cut it, Ricky! That's what makes it so special! Do you really need to look out that window anyway? It is just remarkable.:GardenLove I also love the Van Buren. Gotta love them this time of year with the yellows and pinks together. Yours is beautiful.

Anna - Ram's Horn usually continues to grow and becomes leggy over time without branching. Pruning is needed to entice branching to keep a full looking plant. Ricky's Ram's Horn must have been in the ground awhile and has been nipped multiple times.

All Crotons tend to grow and get leggy without branching unless you cut them. This Ram's Horn has been chopped several times. Usually for cuttings that go into the mistbed, but twice where scale had so badly infected the plant that major chunks of it just went into the trash.